Sign in to follow this  
Matty104

Matty104s E30 325

Spent a few hours today wireing up a few things.

Wired up a set of E36 window switches into the console and one for the sunroof, and will get onto the back doors tomorrow,

First pic is of the front windows done so you can see the difference between e30 and e36

Sooooo much nicer to use then e30 switches

sorry about the blury photos, I can never hold a camera still

post-3318-1258770542.jpg

post-3318-1258770554.jpg

post-3318-1258770567.jpg

mint matt! jealous haha

kerry i think i need a warrent before i get a new badge, but after that i was thinking of getting a new sticker, something along the lines of " We Reppin' We Rolling"

Doooo it!

Na , I setteled for a moseneuroparts sticker haha.

And Thanks to Kerry for sorting me out with the switches.

cheers marky,

Ahh i also forgot to put up there that I now have bilstein struts in the front now to accompany the rears which i have had for 6 months. and what a difference, Theres only one word to describe them AMAZING.

cheers marky,

Ahh i also forgot to put up there that I now have bilstein struts in the front now to accompany the rears which i have had for 6 months. and what a difference, Theres only one word to describe them AMAZING.

Can you defy the laws of physics now?

How easy is it to wire in the E36 switches, might have to ninja that idea at somepoint :ph34r: . Car looks awesome as always Matt.

best upgrade you can do aye matty, it feels and looks so much nicer i could never go back to the standard switches

Keen for info on the e36 window switch swap.

What sort of wiring involved? Do the switches fit right into the center console?

best upgrade you can do aye matty, it feels and looks so much nicer i could never go back to the standard switches

yea man i wouldnt want to go back to standard now,it may just be my imagination but the windows seem to go faster now, may just be better contacts in the switches.

How easy is it to wire in the E36 switches, might have to ninja that idea at somepoint :ph34r: . Car looks awesome as always Matt.

Keen for info on the e36 window switch swap.

What sort of wiring involved? Do the switches fit right into the center console?

There real easy to do, just a matter of joining the wires up. and the switches don't fit directly in, you have to file the holes out to suit but its easy enough.

when i get a chance i will be doing a write up on the wireing. theres already one floating around on r3v but its for a coupe, so in the 4 door the rear console wireing is different and in the rear doors its different again, and the sunroof is different AGAIN. only by the fact that theres a few different colour wires, (nothing the bently didn't solve)

Im also tempted to retrofit another switch for the sunroof down to the center console or somthing.

Small update.

Fluro green strut brace

fixed my MTec Front Lower as it sagged about 15mm, now it sits right up against the lower.

post-3318-1261014923.jpg

post-3318-1261015150.jpg

Am I getting close? this if one of the Frist E30's i saw when searching for how I could make my car look before i purchaced it, So i based it on this look.

post-3318-1261014939.jpg

Seriously thinking about doing my high beams in yellow laminex like Lucans

Haha sweet looking strut bar in Fluro green!

How you suss the front valance sagging? Mine has always had abit of a sag in the middle..

I drilled through an unseen piece of the lower valance into the bottom of the bumper, and put a screw through works very well and easy to get it out!

Car's looking sweet Matt, YES do the yellow highbeam "upgrade" haha

Glued it up with urethane, just squirted it in there the put some blocks under it for 24 hrs for the urethane to set . Looks heaps better now

Also ITT: Fluro green IAC, and bonnet strut.

I think i went a tad overboard with the icv , that will be going back to black

I drilled through an unseen piece of the lower valance into the bottom of the bumper, and put a screw through works very well and easy to get it out!

Car's looking sweet Matt, YES do the yellow highbeam "upgrade" haha

You mean the lip edge of the top on the valance? Just into the bottem of the actual bumper or tech2 valance into the metal valance it joins to?

Or where did you Urethane glue your valance too Matty? Against the metal valance?

Na just to the bottom of the upper, it has a bracket under there somewher but it wasnt strong enough to hold it up, i ran a bead of urethane from one indicator to the other so it has support the whole way through, ( will be a PITA to get off but im not to worried.

Yeah lip edge on top of valance into the bottom of the tech2 bumper, any damage caused is unseen until the screws taken out.

Urethane's a good idea too now i think about it :rolleyes:

Oh yus! Strut brace looks mad!

That blue coupe is my favourite e30. :)

I'll clean your car inside and out next time I'm over if you do the frenchies.

I wouldn't let her clean my car eather Matt^^^^ :P

Looking sweeet man, came up nicely, def do the frenchies.

Im getting left behind in the "Cool E30 Owners Club"... need something new.

Edited by _BRS_

Can't say I am a fan of any of the fluro, looks quite tacky. Love how the rest of the car is unfolding. If you want to do the headlights, try yellow stained glass paint instead, least you won't have to worry about stickers.