Sign in to follow this  
PORTNOY

E30 M/325i COUPE 1986

**** ALL $$$ OFFERS OVER $10K CONSIDERED ****

Hi there members.

Well, sadly my baby has to go to a new home.

Here I have for sale my Immaculately presented E30 motorsport coupe.

Made in West Germany at the Bayerische motoren werke AG factory - Original body tags

Evo wide bodykit fitted in 1987 when brought in from the U.K by the Jensen family (Bmw franchise owners)

141,000 on the clock

Getrag 260 5spd box, M20 B25 engine with headers and big bore exhaust exiting oval stainless twin MTM style muffler

Cold air induction via K&N filter

3.64 diff

Recaro seats

New 17" performance v-teck wheels with new NS1 tyres

Factory M-tech suspension & Bilsteins

Immac interior and exterior

Great car, drives superb and will be sad to see it go

Let me know if interested

**** ALL $$$ OFFERS BETWEEN $10k - $20K CONSIDERED ****

post-3191-1220336357_thumb.jpg

post-3191-1220336443_thumb.jpg

post-3191-1220336513_thumb.jpg

post-3191-1220336582_thumb.jpg

post-3191-1220336646_thumb.jpg

post-3191-1220336701_thumb.jpg

post-3191-1220336801_thumb.jpg

post-3191-1220336884_thumb.jpg

post-3191-1220339035_thumb.jpg

post-3191-1220339167_thumb.jpg

post-3191-1220339272_thumb.jpg

Edited by PORTNOY

So.... account disabled and listing pulled by Trade Me ----> what happened?

And is it a 2.5 or a 2.7. I could swear the TM ad said 2.7.

And I am pretty sure I remember that car being for sale when you bought it ... and it had those wheels ... a year ago. So are they really "new"?

So.... account disabled and listing pulled by Trade Me ----> what happened?

And is it a 2.5 or a 2.7. I could swear the TM ad said 2.7.

And I am pretty sure I remember that car being for sale when you bought it ... and it had those wheels ... a year ago. So are they really "new"?

2.5L and those trade me assholes kept disabling my membership purely because I was paying my fees from my mother's visa card and they said I had multiple memberships running and that it was a breach! FFS, WHATEVER!

The wheels and tyres are still as new.....

PORTNOY - I have deleted your for sale thread (twice now) from the Showroom section.

Please only post in the appropriate section. No-one on here likes spam.

Thanks and good luck with the sale.

Cheers

Grant

Can that fiberglass be removed?? Do you have the stock wheels??

Can that fiberglass be removed?? Do you have the stock wheels??

I'm sure it can be removed, free up a weekend and bring some tools and a bank cheque :P

And sorry, the stock wheels did not come with the car

PORTNOY - I have deleted your for sale thread (twice now) from the Showroom section.

Please only post in the appropriate section. No-one on here likes spam.

Thanks and good luck with the sale.

Cheers

Grant

Wasn't spamming intentionally Grant, couldn't find my original thread here so I re done thread in the showroom.

Remember the weird kit has been on it since new. However, the wheels...

Edited by bravo

Remember the weird kit has been on it since new. However, the wheels...

Yes, kit fitted by Mr. Jensen in Nov 1987

Well the wheels are like shoes aren't they, just buy another couple of pair :rolleyes:

So its an “M3 EVO†kit that was fitted in 87? Is EVO the brand or did they make an imitation kit of a car that wasn’t out yet?

M3 Evo, 505 cars built, Feb to May 87.

The M3 came out in 86, what I want to know is what is the EVO about??

Edited by bravo

I thought it was pretty obvious but I'll spell it out :o

E30 M3 EVOLUTION BODY KIT

Edited by bravo

I thought it was pretty obvious but I'll spell it out :o

E30 M3 EVOLUTION BODY KIT

Not trying to be an arse but the evo had the same kit as the standard m3

Not trying to be an arse but the evo had the same kit as the standard m3

I know and thanks for that anyway Jedd

I don't think over $10K is silly money at all do you people?

Thanks for asking.

I think around $10k might sell to someone who likes the kit. As this car sat on TM for sale for about 2-3 months at approx $12k before you bought it, and prices have fallen across the board for cars thanks to crap petrol prices, and those wheels are horrible on that car ... $10k is probably more than fair.

I mean you might find someone who loves the car and will pay more, but since Trademe has banned you I guess advertising will be hard.

I for one am not jealous of the car. It'd make a good base for a race car, but it wouldn't be economic to do so.

(edit) I should add it would depend on the condition of the car (looks good in the photos), and whether it is actually as advertised - given the TM banning and that you had bid and reneged to two cars under your ultra72 user name, and that you must be all of 17 I would find it hard to trust you personally.

Edited by CamB

I thought it was a 2.7 also? Hooowever, I think this car has ALOT to offer, and good luck for the sale! Its not half bad at all!

Edited by QuickSilver

I thought it was a 2.7 also? Hooowever, I think this car has ALOT to offer, and good luck for the sale! Its not half bad at all!

Cheers mate, it's a great car and it will be sad to see it go, but oversees opportunities are calling and would be a waste to park this beauty up in a dark cold storage unit. I have a lot more respect for this car than that!

Keen on a trade? 328

looks nice.

Thanks Moktar, my E30 is real nice, don't want to sell but want to go overseas soonish so I'm not looking at trading another vehicle. Sell your 328 then make an offer over $10K mate ;)

Right,

I've cleaned up the thread as best I can trying to be unbiased and removing comments both good and bad at this stage.

REMINDER: for Sale threads are not for discussions about your own personal opinions about the car. Keep discussion to questions regarding the sale, price, details etc, but keep your opinions to yourself.

If you want to waste time talking trash about cars on trademe, then visit the trademe discussion forum that was created for that type of thing.

Bagging members rides (even new members) is not tolerated.

Helpful/constructive criticisms are fine. We're not trying to be over-PC here and say you can't tell someone you don't like something about their ride - just keep the entirely negative comments to yourself.

Here is the original discussion thread about this car when it was on trademe. If that gets out of hand I will close it.

PORTNOY may be a new member with a controversial car for sale, but he seems like a pretty laid back sort of chap so give him a break.

PS PM me if you want to discuss. Do not post in the thread.

Edited by bravo

Hey Ultra72 what has been done on it in current years?

I see you are asking a few questions in regards to the E30 and are keen to spend some money so here is some constructive input.

I think with 5 stud conversion or some spacers (H&R do them) to correct the offset and the right wheels and the correct stance this car would be more appealing, something just looks funny on it, like it’s disproportioned.

You could blacken out the inner guards where the flare kit joins to the body as the gap is huge and black the front/rear window chrome while you’re at it. You should also see if you can get the rear bumper to sit up a bit more and swap the rice mirrors for stock/period items.

I think it defiantly has potential and would be cool with a grunty engine fitted to match the looks.