Sign in to follow this  
Munts316i

Scum

today on my way into town i notice i am being closely watched by what i can best describe as a bunch of meat head hoons, driving a clapped out old starlet(im sure youve all seen this before?)so think nothing of it and drive on. on my way home a clapped out datsun sr coupe, once again full of meat head hoons is driving up my street, this is when i started to get suspicious, so instead of driving straight up my drive decided to waste abit of time by going up the middle of two. the sr coupe goes on but then stops, and stupid me doesnt see this and goes up my driveway.

it seems to me that them stopping and then going on means they were watching to see where i live and mean to steal/or do something to my baby(car). this has got me shitting bricks because the love i have for my car is the equivelant of the love a priest has for god.

should i be worried??

and has this happened to anyone else?

is there a lame gang of meat head hoons out there wanting to steal my car??

am i paranoid?!?!

god damn i hate these types of people.

Dude i think you have just as good an idea as evry1 else does, but im one up on you, someone out there actually has my keys!!

316i POWER

Nath change your keys.

I often get that feeling that someone is watching my wheels a little too closely. :unsure:

Again not much you can do, get an alarm or at least one of those flashing diodes that looks like you have an alarm.

You are wise beyond your years shadowninja, however- im thinking of a new car soon, mine will be for sale as of this wknd

Guest Andrew

ive got an alarm and an immobiliser, but if a good theif wants something they can quite happily get it.

keep a camera on the car all night if you can...

i'm so glad i'm garaged hah.

Andy- don't think just cos your car is in a garage it thief proof, a mate of mine had an eclipse headunit and some speakers stolen out of his car when it was garaged.

How much ?

Ummmm not sure yet lol ill take it to the car fairs on sunday i think- coz im really keen on this Alpina aye. I would like to get the 3k for the alpina, then a bit to clean it up/ put it all in a new car

What should i ask for it guys?

Thieves are scum a'ight, i had the windscreen of my swift gti smashed in and all the stereo taken, my mates sub taken, and all the cd's and my clothes.

Northland scum

Andy- don't think just cos your car is in a garage it thief proof, a mate of mine had an eclipse headunit and some speakers stolen out of his car when it was garaged.

alarmed?

:jap:

exactly

Guest Andrew

alarmed?

:jap:

exactly

yeah - i'm fairly confident my alarm would wake me up - the garage is next to my room.

set your room up in your garage.

sleep in your car....

invest in a gym membership and learn martial arts.

e30s re really uncomfortable to sleep in

and so are e36's

i thought that they were rather comfortable myself.... (e36s - never tried sleeping in an e30) Ive slept in every one of my cars and found that the E36 was the best of the lot - except my ute when you put a matress on the back...

Back on the topic - I dont think there is anything you can do, unless they actually come and do it. Otherwise you get all paranoid and worked up over a "what if" - the same applies to going out driving! "what if some idiot runs a red light and hits me..." you know what i mean? cant do anything about it, so its a risk you have to take. I think the only things you can do is make sure its alarmed and that you dont leave it in places that make it easier for the scum to do their thing.... (like never leave it out on a dark street that doesnt have much use at night - thats asking for trouble!)

do you have anything in your car worth taking? maybe take it out for a bit....and leave a doberman in there overnight...i hate car scum....shoot them all

Couple years back I lived down a street where most of the houses were off the road (ie. down a hill or up a hill bank), not to mention a windy valley. Had my left rear quarterlite window smashed.... didn't take anything tho.. not even my wallet which was sitting in the center console.. lol... guessing my alarm scared them off...

Last year i had my front passenger window smashed by a large peice of drain covering steel thingy ..... did lots of damage, there was lots of scratched and gauges done by the steel thingy ... and they grabbed my girlfriends handbag ... stole all the valuable stuff from the handbag and dumped it some where .. which was later picked up by some grandma and handed to the police station....

SCUMS !! the cost came up to more than 1K and i couldn't claim insurance because my excess was i believe around 3.5K ...

and the car was parked down my driveway on a busy street between 5:30 and 7:00 ..... the only time that i didn't bother to close the garage gate ...!!!!

But luckily for me they only did a smash and grab otherwise i would have been very pissed off if they made off with any of my stereo gear or damaged any of my stereo gear ...

THEY SHOULD ALL JUST CRAWL INTO A HOLE AND BURY THEMSELVES ALIVE !

sleep with a shot gun, they'll be prety fukin worried when u give them a warning shot, :mosh:

warning shot in the nuts that is

Guest Spargo

Yea, having a gun licence is practically a necessity with a flash car. Home invasion is much less worrying too!

OT: in an E36 coupe, fold down the rear seats, and sleep half in the boot, you can stretch out fully, and it sleeps two (3 at a stretch) :mosh: :pimp:

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Is it insured? If so, then don't worry, there are plenty of E30's around should your one go walking in the middle of the night.

No offense (there can't be any as I have an E30 as well), but if they are looking at stealing (or any other no good activity) an E30 then really they must be pretty hard up for something to steal, after all they are worth nothing (E30 M3's and other rarities excepted).

Anyway, I hope you were just being paranoid and nothing untoward happens.

Cheers