Sign in to follow this  
byza213

wtb e34 radiator

mines got a little leak after changing water pump themostat fan etc ..the radiator starts leaking lol oh well better knowing ive changed all those parts over and it will run fine ..

but wanting a radiator obviously in good condition if you could let me knowing prices etc pm or text me 0211486396

why buy 2nd hand for items like this with no guarantee that it'll last and would probably need changing again down the road...?

why buy 2nd hand for items like this with no guarantee that it'll last and would probably need changing again down the road...?

yea true any rough idea how much a new one would be ??just being apprentice and getting paid apprentice money i like to cut corners a little even though i shouldnt :)

Had the radiator on the E34 break at the water entry point- if you are going to buy 2nd hand check for hairline cracks around the connections. For those amongst us who have microscopic vision how do you know- unless you install it then have it pressure tested..taking the risk there buddy. But then I installed a second hand radiator back in and it's been fine.

Guy on trademe selling E34 radiators brand new. Check the TM BMW parts section. I think from memory looking on ReadOEM.com the brand he is selling is that listed as being fitted by BMW for the E34

yea true any rough idea how much a new one would be ??just being apprentice and getting paid apprentice money i like to cut corners a little even though i shouldnt :)

Maybe around $300 to get yours pushrodded, leak tested, repaired, new cap, and refilled. Its pretty labour intensive.

You have to weigh up weather you go for the full recon and have peace of mind for the next say.. 100,000 ks, or go for the second hand and never be to sure. If the second hand rad is sub $150 its probably worth going for it I guess?

Silverdale Radiators on TradeYou have new BMW radiators for $279, go & buy a new one.

The cooling systen is top priority.

get a quote from euro-italian

seems quite reasonable from prices i've seen.

i've been hammered on the one i've installed on the e30 - $470! wish i did some digging around!

thanks yea ill do some ringing around guys ..last thing i want is my head or engine being screwed by this ..so ll go for a new one if its out my range ill have to go with a 2nd hand for now as my cars daily .

Call me if you have no joy with something in your price range.

Bimmersport discount applies.

Regards Ray

thanks yea ill do some ringing around guys ..last thing i want is my head or engine being screwed by this ..so ll go for a new one if its out my range ill have to go with a 2nd hand for now as my cars daily .

the one i quoted you looks quite new