Sign in to follow this  
philwalter

Beautiful E30 M3 on Parnell Rise today ( pics)

Nice car, high roller neighbourhood - Merc, 350Z and what looks to be a 5 series in the background.

Damn thats a minter! Wonder why it doesnt have the proper M3 interior though ?

That was what the Evo2s came with standard, that and the white ///M stripe cam cover and intake, plus some other sweet engine mods.

Nice car and as Wayne has mentioned, has just had a full bare metal respray from Precision Autowerk on the North Shore.

It was for sale not so long ago, just after the full respray, not sure if it has a new owner or not.

Edited by Hi-Tek

Thats parnell road not rise,

I can see my bimma in the second picture being pointed to by the aerial lol

And its beautiful i was looking at it outta my window lol

That was what the Evo2s came with standard, that and the white ///M stripe cam cover and intake, plus some other sweet engine mods.

Ahh I stand corrected, I had no idea they did that, now I know!

Oh and Jordy, E46 is looking good

Oh my god imagine if you checked out a site and saw you car on there with every gritty bit of detail, I'd be pretty pissed somebody ran a background check on it, let alone took pictures of it parked up.

Not saying anyone would do this to my car but if I owned something similar to this I'd be pissed.

I agree with you M325is,

If that was my car and I saw this thread I'd be fricken paranoid as to start, its just the collective scribblings of BMW enthusiasts who just want to enjoy the history behind it =)

But thats just me.

Oh my god imagine if you checked out a site and saw you car on there with every gritty bit of detail, I'd be pretty pissed somebody ran a background check on it, let alone took pictures of it parked up.

Not saying anyone would do this to my car but if I owned something similar to this I'd be pissed.

I don't understand what you are getting at, there is nothing illegal or wrong about this thread. It is no different than discussing a new book you have read or a nice holiday spot. The info on CarJam is a matter of public record.

Why would you be "pissed" if some people were admiring your vehicle? I don't get it.

Yes some good points M325is, I wouldn't mind pictures of my car on a forum without my permission, but I'd be spitting tacks if my number plate wasn't blanked out and some munter could potentially get my address etc

Now everyone knows he's from Parnell rise an the numberplate is clearly readable.

It would be like taking a picture of a stereo in a car on the side of the road and saying "this is a really good stereo" its in this car and parked on this street.

Not saying any of the bimmersport members would go stealing things but we do get random wiggas come through here occasionally.

Edited by M325is

This one is a EVO2 and as the number plate mentions the build number of that car.

This doesn't help matters.

M325i Yes you raised an interesting point here, and a good one.

However quoting the build number won't give you an address of the owner and is freely viewed on M registery website, I only made that quote as part of the plate was visiable and as you mentioned that any Pic's shouldn't have the plate in full view.

The owner doesn't live in Parnell, and whemn I had my car I never got any requests from anyone if I approved to be on aany website, but toatlly agree maybe it needs to something of a rule going forward?

Is anyone able to remove the Plate of the Pic?

Perhaps the plate should have been removed before posting as a matter of courtesy but the fact is that its not exactly hidden when he's driving down the street is it ?

All the information you can get from a plate is publicly available so again, whats the problem ?

This is the 21st century, cameras are everywhere and people are more prepared to use them than ever.

I personally wouldnt take a photo of someone elses car to post on a website, but I can understand why people would do it. Especially to post on a BMW forum where there are plenty of people who will appreciate the car for what it is.

I really don’t like the fact people can post up details obtained through a number plate, would piss me off too. There are a few on here that CARFAX everything they see, takes the romance out of things and is ultimately just nosey/stalkerish.

I am however really gratefully a picture was taken and pasted up here, gives me something to work harder for… This car really is an amazing M3, absolutely beautiful, best road E30 M3 I have ever seen. Wonder what he wants for it.

I thought I'd pixelated the plate enough - obviouslly for some people it wasn't enough. I would never post up a pic of a car like this with the plate in full view.

I have removed the pic I presume you are all talking about and replaced with a better version.

Hope you are all happy now.

Cheers

I'm sorry if I offended you Shelly and others here by posting a few details about the car however, I didn't post details of the owner, their address or the previous owners. All that I posted were the mechanical details of the vehicle and when it last changed hands.

All the information I gave is available to anyone who has a Veda Advantage account which most motor vehicle dealers have so what I posted is only public information.

Perhaps the plate should have been removed before posting as a matter of courtesy but the fact is that its not exactly hidden when he's driving down the street is it ?

I agree - he drives it in public (not that there is any other way). He can't be that hung up on it.

ummmmmmm OK

Edited by Westy