Sign in to follow this  
grantdavis28

e30 wheel thoughts

Hey guys just wondering what you think on this combo?

the wheels will only be on for a short period as i love the stock look. im just a bit bored and got a mean deal and couldnt resist..

yes yes i know the centre caps will be gone replaced with nice new bmw ones :D

there on there way from wellington and im excited to see how the will look.

let me know what ya think.

PS can i have some tips on lowering? springs?, compressed?, i know its the wrong section but im just curious.

thanks alot!

Grunta

post-3708-1224651647_thumb.jpgpost-3708-1224654293_thumb.jpg

I personally think they will look quite good. If you want to improve the stock look while keeping OEM get some basketweaves. They look great and can be quite cheap.

In regards to lowering etc. Do it properly. Get some H&R springs and some Bilstein shocks. Thats the best package for bimmers.

Good luck.

Edited by Nick021

Could be okay, not what I would choose. Could get that lip polished though, might look good. I think it would be hard to beat (within reason) 15" Weaves on an e30.

And yeah, H&R/Bilstein is a good and commonly used combo AFAIK.

i think they will look heaps better with a gloss black center (too much silver atm) then polish the lip as well, should look mint. keep it original to urself, dont follow the crowd :P

While a less common shock & Spring Koni Sports & Eibach Springs also do a very nice job.

as a side note even 14" weaves look pretty good, but 15 weaves are just right IMO.

Those wheels are awful. Sorry. :wacko:

Find a nice set of basketweaves and lower the car tastefully on some quality suspension components.

Maybe if they had a way smaller/stretched/directional tyre and bigger lip.

keep it original to urself, dont follow the crowd :P

You got it sistah!

Err, but yeah, I do agree with you, if you think they look cool then it doesnt matter what people think of it. I just think myself from a overall composition of the style of the car and style of wheels they seem to clash a bit but hey you might like the contrast!

Just in my mind a E30 suits something a little more spokey.

But paint them black with a polished lip and they should look the bizz :)

Hey guys just wondering what you think on this combo?

the wheels will only be on for a short period as i love the stock look.

Yeah Right!

Lowering?? Comes down to budget and how well you want the car to ride and handle. I would go H&R Springs minimum, they really are a far superior product and you will regret saving that $100 on a king spring down the track.

Wheels are a personal thing, I can’t see them suiting the Classic E30.

They are not my taste at all sorry, but its your car and you should do what you want to do to it.

If you fancy following the consensus on here I know a of a nice set of 15' weaves for sale ;)

they look like this on an e30.. i dano ill see what they look like.. good thing is wheels are so easy to change especially when you work at a tire shop :D

post-3708-1224697978_thumb.jpg post-3708-1224698098_thumb.jpg

I dont like the rim IMO..maybe some 16 inch bbs or weaves if you want to keep it the original look

i hear what you guys are saying. im saving for a second car because this ones in so good nik i want to keep it stock but i do like the tuned looking e30s.. so im just weighing up my options... ill just have one of each thanks :D

Now that I have seen them on the car I hate them even more!! They look horrid.

Low offset maximum width slammed on its arse is the way!

Please take everyone’s comments as constructive, we only say it because we care :P

hey i found one good point there a sh*t load easier to clean lmao!

You got a good point there!

Now that Ive seen a picture of them on a E30 I dont actually mind them, they are quite nice but if they didnt have dish they wouldnt looks pretty yucky.

they arived today ill put them on take some pics post them up and hey if i dont like them...

TRADEME!!! they should sell pretty easily there brand new!

and they where cheap as chips... its all a learning curve!!!!

Edited by GRUNT5

wheels just arived, picks up tonight then im going road tripping for the weekend. itl be good to see how they look and time to think.. haha catcha all later off to the tire shop!!!

okay so there on... im not happy with them to be honest make the car look cheap for some reson they looked beter in my mind...

but hey nothing a wrench cant fix right.. ill leave them on for now as i cant be f**ked changing them but if anyone needs some wheels for a race car and wants to make me an offer they can be sold.

hey you live and learn, my first car first set of rims people make mistakes..

anyway here are some picks for your viewing pleasure or displeasure hahaha

they might look better on a clean car some centre caps and just a nice camera owel either way im still smilling!!!

you guys ever seen herd of the koing remembers? just a thought. later!

Pics:post-3708-1224719825_thumb.jpgpost-3708-1224720470_thumb.jpgpost-16-1083544632.jpg

post-3708-1224720984_thumb.jpg

A little lower would make it look nicer, just an idea.

Edited by Sammy J

Konig remembers, there a bbs rs replica 16x7 and come in silver, black and gold. Almost bought a set earlier this year.