Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

E32 750il

As its been said everyone should own a V12 once in their life :D.

post-733-1224822180_thumb.jpg

post-733-1224822200_thumb.jpg

post-733-1224822213_thumb.jpg

post-733-1224822224_thumb.jpg

post-733-1224822238_thumb.jpg

post-733-1224822250_thumb.jpg

post-733-1224822266_thumb.jpg

post-733-1224822278_thumb.jpg

nice car .

i have always liked those.

i have spares for those cars if needed .

i used to own one a few years ago .

orsome car .

pretty quick for a tank too.

brought a auction for $9500 ( was tarde in the a car dealer couldn't sell for months) spent about $1k on bits a bobs sold it on for $14k a few months later and i reckom i was the only one that ever made money on that car other than the bmw dealer who sold it when new .

post-279-1224823238_thumb.jpg

post-279-1224823268_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Cheers

Got it from Pearce Brothers Limited. Only thing it needs is new rotors soon, everything else seems well taken care of.

Mate had a '89 one with 3.15 diff this has a 3.64, got the traction control light going off the line without even trying.

Looks really good mate, nice and original. Ive got only a 735il now but i'll get one of those as well once im finished with my studies. Are you planing to leave it original or modify it?

I got around 11-12L per 100km returning to Hamilton but i did have a few problems leaving the throttle alone hehe.

Be leaving it stock as im just planning on using it for trips now and again.

As its been said everyone should own a V12 once in their life :D.

Ive heard myself say that on many occasion :)

Looks like a great car and brings back some happy memories. Get the suspension sorted (if it needs it) and get some nice 17's on it and you will be amazed just how well these things can handle. It will never be quick in the twisties but on the straights it will blow you away.

[edit] speaking of 17's there was a set of Alpinas on TM last week that went for a paltry 700 or something. They wouldve been perfect.

Edited by Penry

Yeah probably get some new shocks at some point just to firm it up a bit, had some Koni SA's in my E32 730i and they were great. Yeah i agree they handle pretty good for what they are and still got good power by in this day and age. I remember a few Holden V8's getting a surprise when my mate had his one.

You will more than likely have the LAD setup (in fact I can see the button on the center console I think) meaning its self levelling in the rear but you can switch between (S)port and (K)omfort for the shocks

If it works its great, if not its big dollars to repair to stock, but I know lots of people who have replaced the whole lot with Bilsteins and Eibachs. Big money either way.

Edited by Penry

Yeah its got self leveling rear std being an iL. Bottom on the console is ASC, sounds like your describing EDC(Electronic Damping Control) which i dont have luckily.

Works fine atm but if it fails ill just have to covert it to a std setup myself.

Cheers

Got it from Pearce Brothers Limited. Only thing it needs is new rotors soon, everything else seems well taken care of.

Mate had a '89 one with 3.15 diff this has a 3.64, got the traction control light going off the line without even trying.

he , my old 88 one had no traction control but fitted with a 2.93 LSD .

i do have a LSD for a 750i if any one is interested .

wot about double glazzed windows for an e38 :D?

can get which door glass do you need.

Looking very nice. I wouldn't mind owning one of these some day too :).

Ha not surprised about you giving the Holden V8s a hard time, my auto 325 was almost dead even against a VS Clubsport 185i (manual) up to some very illegal speeds... Now I know why guys say their 540i's will give newer Falcodores the finger :o

Edited by Kopua Cowboy