Sign in to follow this  
Tsyon213

Cost of installing springs?

i have an e30 318i and am looking at installing some lowering springs in it. It seems that there arent that many set made for 4 cylinders around at the moment and so just wondering how much of a difference there would be with a set designed for 6 cylinders and also the cost of having them installed

cheers

If you install 6 cylinder springs the car will sit too high as they are stiffer to account for the extra weight of the 6 cyl engine.

Theres a reason why theres a set for 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder. Get the one that matches your car. Its not that hard.

Hell, i'm going to Mag & Tyre then,

I was quoted $200 to do mine ):

That was awhile ago tho so don't quote me.

Ask Zenetti he'll know for sure

Was considering whether to take mine it somewhere to be fitted or try and do it myself, but might try find a mate or someone who knows how to do now

yeah id much rather get some 4 cylinder ones. anyone know where abouts i can get a set cheap?

Forum sponsers, tardme, second hand?

Yeah it aint hard man, just do it systematicly (sp) if you don't have a Bently etc.

With spring compressors it's not a hard job ... as long as the ball joints don't give you trouble.

rattle and spring compressors work well together!

With spring compressors it's not a hard job ... as long as the ball joints don't give you trouble.

<_<

<_<

Yeah sorry mate - didn't meant to rub it in! If it makes you feel better a couple of weeks after that thread I spent 20 mins swearing at JiB's ball joints. He can change his own friggin' struts from now on.

In the end I left them with a bit of pentrating spray soaking while I did something else.

LOL!

You must have a whole lot more patience then I do.

After 48 hours of smacking,poking,lubing etc etc I just cut the spring out one coil at a time. Showed that strut who's boss.

Spent about 2 hours trying to separate a ball joint on my mates car the other weekend to change the springs, the other side came off in 5 mins though.