Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Toyo Tires

I have booked in for some new tires on Saturday, Im looking at Toyo Proxes (205/55/15) have I made the right decision?? Im getting them at a sharp deal as they are stock and considerably cheaper than the desired Dunlop Direzza’s.

Any experience??

Reasonably good. I prefer the Falken 452. Haven't used the Dunlop yet.

Heard a few good things about the toyos.

Personally im running the Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE001 on both of my cars. Very good tyre IMO.

Edited by braeden.

I've got T1Rs on the M3 and they're fine. I would choose them over Direzzas (which I have also owned).

Thanks for the response guys, I will get a set I think, they are great value and from what I can gather a fantastic performance Tire.

Would there be n advantage handling wise going to a 195/50, just thinking about side wall flex.

15" 195/50VR15 82V hight: 576 Width:198 5.5 - 7.0

15" 205/50VR15 89V hight: 587 Width:211 5.5 - 7.5

I think "a fantastic performance tyre" might be going a bit far.

I agree that they are good value though and the wear isn't too bad either.

And I wouldn't worry about sidewall flex between those two sizes. There's only 5.5 mm difference.

I'd take T1R over direzza's also

atleast go 205/50, even thats a bit undersized, 205/55 is closer to OEM size

Im running 205/50 T1R on my E30. Not bad tyres im running them at 37 PSI all round to help with the sidewall flex. Reckon my Bridgestone Potenza G3's were better cept when it was wet. Still a good tyre and fairly cheap too.

I switched to T1R's when they first came out. They were like jelly :( Great traction off the mark though.

Promptly went back to DZ101's.

This was with a 215/45/17 and a stiff chassis FWD. It may be different in 205/55/15 and a E30.

Have some Proxes4 in 205/50/16 atm, they seem pretty good, not exactly grippy - but no noticeable marshmallow effect (less than R888s).

I used to have T1R's on my old 320... and my flatmate, (Matty104) has them on his E30 325i. We both think they are good tyres! I loved them on my car, and matt likes them sooo far.( hasnt had a chance to test them out properly) He used to have the Proxe 4's and really liked them in the wet.

I think "a fantastic performance tyre" might be going a bit far..

Just going off other people’s opinions, they are generally regarded as a very good road performance tire. I have had $900 a corner tires before and found them to be no better than $200 replacement so the price shouldn’t dictate the quality.

I used to have T1R's on my old 320... and my flatmate, (Matty104) has them on his E30 325i. We both think they are good tyres! I loved them on my car, and matt likes them sooo far.( hasnt had a chance to test them out properly) He used to have the Proxe 4's and really liked them in the wet.

Cheers, they seem to get the thumbs up from a lot of people, I would prefer the Dunlop’s as I have had them before and they were great but I’d be saving $200 if I go with the Toyo’s and in most accounts they are regarded higher.

He used to have the Proxe 4's and really liked them in the wet.

Have some Proxes4 in 205/50/16 atm, they seem pretty good, not exactly grippy.

I drove JiB's car up through the Domain in the wet on the weekend and I couldn't keep it straight - the Proxie 4s had almost no grip...

... and I am not sure that proves much of anything, but I think it should be noted and proves how subjective and car/use specific the whole debate can be.

hey dude have u got the tyres done already? wats ur thoughts on them? nd how muchy they set u back??

I drove JiB's car up through the Domain in the wet on the weekend and I couldn't keep it straight - the Proxie 4s had almost no grip...

... and I am not sure that proves much of anything, but I think it should be noted and proves how subjective and car/use specific the whole debate can be.

650lb rear springs, LSD, old bushes in the rear, no weight in the rear, stretched rear tyres and a hoon at the wheel. :ph34r: ....just a tad subjective :lol:

I'm also interested to see the comparison of DZ101 and T1R on an E30. What's the verdict? :) (Assuming the tyres have run in now.)

hey dude have u got the tyres done already? wats ur thoughts on them? nd how muchy they set u back??

I haven’t had a chance to test them properly other than a few on/off ramp tests. They are quieter than the last set and a lot smoother on the course chip, I have noticed they don’t squeal much on the smooth stuff.

Will give a proper opinion when I get a chance to head out Hunua-Clevedon for a drive.