Sign in to follow this  
JiB

JiB's POS

Anyone got a spare one?

Seriously take it to Autolign and get a Polyurethane one made up...

I had my lower control arm bushes made by autolign, took 3 days and was 168 incl GST for the 2 solid bushes... IT was 196 + GST each OEM... They lasted me 3 years in the 306 (65,000km of abuse on lots of gravel at speed)...

US$180 for Group N mounts on akgmotorsport.com for a 2002, and if I break one I bet its only one (the one on the LHS is under more stress due to the design on a 2002). Ouch. Not for me.

Good god! You're right, that's 4 times what the E30 ones cost. Those mounts look to be asymmetrical? True?

True story - the RHS mount is completely different. The LHS mount is the same as the E30 ones (at least it is when you buy from Ireland).

My lemon coloured (I swear they appear to be made out of Fruju's) IE motor and g/box mounts appear to be in good condition. So far so good. I think they're a year old 4,000+ km's old....these weren't kind km's either.

What are their prices like compared to IE Henry? I am looking for some in the next few weeks for my car.

JiB mate, get some more pics up :D it has been a while.

No time no time...I think my rust bucket and my racing is going on hold for a month or so - until a little blue car has materialized. :ph34r:

I think my rust bucket and my racing is going on hold for a month or so - until a little blue car has materialized. :ph34r:

Hairdresser spec?

Well, everything's come to a grinding stop. I'm under quarantine for another 5 days. Got a somewhat severe flu.

Hmm, trying to find pictures from the RallySprint without any success. I saw lots of photographers though! (well, people pointing black things at me while I drove past)

Hairdresser spec?

I wish :lol: But no, this little blue car might mess up your hair-do on the way to the salon with it's lack of windscreen or roof - foldable or not.

17x8 15p front, 17x9 15p rear. 255/40R17.

Posted Image

16x8's are so last month.

edit: Haha, I now have 14x6, 15x7, 16x8, 17x9. I <3 my rice.

Edited by JiB

Ahhh man sized tyres on man sized wheels.

Love it.

LOL, will be "challenging" to get them to fit, even with appropriate tyres.

Ahhh man sized tyres on man sized wheels.

Love it.

I think I'm not man enough. Probably have to go for a much skinnier tyre for less rubbage.

come do the Tengs Tool rounds with me!

Oooh, details? F:SAE is somewhat intense right now, but if possible I'll definitely come :)

LOL, will be "challenging" to get them to fit, even with appropriate tyres.

Bigger hammer. Front fits, rear tread is about 4mm out of the guard though :lol:

a thread about it in the race general section first race for me is next mon at taupo on a sunday. Thinking about heading to the scrutineering in Hamilton on the Saturday then driving down and spending the night in taupo. Not sire if I'll try and find/rent a trailer or just drive the car down or not...

a thread about it in the race general section first race for me is next mon at taupo on a sunday. Thinking about heading to the scrutineering in Hamilton on the Saturday then driving down and spending the night in taupo. Not sire if I'll try and find/rent a trailer or just drive the car down or not...

Hmmm, I should know if I can by 2nd Sept. Really depends on F:SAE

I'll read the regs when I have time. Am currently pulling an overnighter writing a MATLAB program :unsure:

Whered the you get the 16x8s? Would you sell them?

Lol, this really isn't a for sale thread...They are a staggered set, so 16x7 in front and 16x8 in the rear. They're my main street/autocross wheels. You will need adaptors to use them. All depends on how much you want to pay. They're forged and lighter than TE37's of the same size. Rare as hens teeth too.

Its holidays you sucker. Take some time off!

It's due 8am Monday...and the F:SAE car is meant to be running by Tuesday. No time off for me yet!

Did you get out to the Quinne Rd hillclimb in the weekend?

Did you get out to the Quinne Rd hillclimb in the weekend?

Sure did :) Will post up some in-car footage tonight or tomorrow night.

I broke something, but car made it home. Haven't looked at the car since! Haha.

sainbury road next month?

Depends on if I have time to fix my car, or put a rollbar in another one.

I have to admit - I'm craving some tracktime rather than Tarmac rally, but I'll see how I go.

whats wrong with the car?

No idea, bad noises happening under engine load. Sometimes. Eitherway, not race ready.

New wheels to add to my forged/4kg collection:

Posted Image

Why my E30 still isn't fixed, and also probably why the new wheels won't find themselves on the E30:

Posted Image

Edited by JiB