Sign in to follow this  
325GRANT

eyebrows

ask tim where he got his....bumpstop325......i might try making some fiberglass ones of CF ones maybe

thats what i was thinking too...

i priced a m tech front spoiler monday im thinking of making some of them too.

would you make a mould or what? id be keen as to steal it!

yeah id make a mould

i dont know whats legal and whats not with making more so i dont know if id have to make a mould then make a spoiler and change it a bit ... turn it into a plug and make another mould off that???

either way im sure we could make a few genuine looking copys first as

trials/tests ;)

ill let you know if i go ahead with it ,,, im trying to find a spoiler less then $700+gst so any ideas let me know

did you end up finding out how much that m tech 2 (replica?) kit from autopassion was going to cost? and how many limbs would it leave someone with?

yeah i phoned autopassion and talked to him about it... heres a recall of the conv. me: im interested in the body kit on the e30 on your website, how much is it?

ap: $700 for that but it has to come from australia

me:$700 for a m tech kit!!! whats the catch?

ap: no catch

so im getting out my visa and he says ...

ap:its not a kit you know its just a front spoiler.

me:aha so how much for the whole kit?

ap: what kit? he says... the car in the photo doesnt have a kit on it just a front spoiler.

after about 5-10 mins trying to convince him it does have a kit on it he said

ap: the back (bumper and under) is $700

me: and the side skirts?

ap:$700

me:door mouldings?

ap:$700

so considering he gave me pricing on a product he had no idea he had/has i dont really have much faith in him.

i did talk to a guy in austrialia that told me there not made anymore and they can only get replacement parts for crashed m tech's, oh he did say that he could maybe get me one for $4500.00 but it wouldnt have a fitting kit!

think ill give it a miss.

replica all the way dude, fitting may be a little bitchy but the price will be like piss all in comparision

DONT SELL OUT.

DO you want every one driving round in Mtech rip offs?

I beg you not to.

If u want an mtech, buy an mtech.

Whats next a evo with a WRX scoop?

Spose those MR2's with Ferrari kits are up you guys alley too? :gay:

Edited by m325i

... sell out? how are you selling out when you get a replica kit? care if its not a mtech original... as long as he doesnt bust round with m badges and tell everyone it is then good on him, get that sh*t. but when you pose as something it aint... homosex ensues.

but getting a replica instead of the real thing... if its half price, looks the same and does the same job... your a chump to pay the full price really

IMO Putting any kit/spoilers on a car that didn't come with them is rude.

No doubt the M badges are not far away...

No doubt the M badges are not far away...

Helloooo??? So does that like make all after market modifed cars rude then...because that's exactly what happens :wacko:

I agree with you on this one for once sic, it's all cosmetic and if you can do it smartly for less then it's all good, but don't go spreading b/s about it being the shizzle.

If anyone can get any eyelids at a reasonbly good price i'd love some :bounce:

With the exception of aftermarket wheels, then yes, it does make any aesthetically modified car rude.

If anything i prefer cars de-spoilered.

Actually maybe after seeing this i take it all back... Look what a kit can do...

With the exception of aftermarket wheels, then yes, it does make any aesthetically modified car rude.

If anything i prefer cars de-spoilered.

Actually maybe after seeing this i take it all back... Look what a kit can do...

so then you like cars to have a chassis and for wheels then?

because we all know panels on a car are for aesthetics only.. really, not for aerodynamics because the sheer weight of them outweighs the aerodynamic benifit.

your a stunna

so instead of putting a replica kit on my 325 i should sell it (for a sh*t load less than i paid for it, losing lots) and buy a M325.....why?

fool

dont get me wrong im not into over the top wank body kits either thats why i like mtech kits, there subtle. the front of my car is untity so i have to put something there. im open to suggestions i worked at a fibreglass company for 4 years so im happy to get something play around with it take a mould and make a original i just dont want something like this!

post-8-1094105661.jpg

If you do some moulds i'd be interested, but as for the kit i'd hit it, I like it :D

so then you like cars to have a chassis and for wheels then?

because we all know panels on a car are for aesthetics only.. really, not for aerodynamics because the sheer weight of them outweighs the aerodynamic benifit.

Cars come from the factory like that. I said modified.

Its like buying a pair of Barta Bullets, and sewing on a Reebok pump and a Nike Swoosh...

You my think thats cool, and its only your opinion that matters, but i dont agree with it.

My Mod Rules:

~ Wheels ok

~tints ok

~Suspension

~All engine mods

Are you guys fans of the Fast & the Furious?

Gidday

I'm sick of the arguements about what is ok or not ok to do to your car.

Who cares, so long as the person is happy with what they have done to their own car, and they aren't making it out to be something that it is not i.e badging their 318i as an M3 etc , then who cares.

To this end, stop the arguing, and get back on topic.

Cheers

dude you're a chump. E30's came with m tech kits putting one on that looks identical (costs half as much) how is that rude?

i'm sorry but nothing you've said has made any real sense

Gidday

Who cares, so long as the person is happy with what they have done to their own car, and they aren't making it out to be something that it is not i.e badging their 318i as an M3 etc , then who cares.

Cheers

He ended it.

BMW on chomes ? Do they spin too?

Gidday

Cheers

He ended it.

BMW on chomes ? Do they spin too?

Are those comments aimed at me?

Yes my Bimmer is on big chrome spinners, I love them.

Moron

Thread locked