Sign in to follow this  
JasonL

E30 Front Speakers

Yeah I managed 6.5" but I had to take out the small panels infront of the door. I suppose you could but them to fit but I didnt want to do that. Also you need to unbolt the bonet latch to be able to get the left speaker out and in. Kinda at awkward to unbolt it too.

Yeah I managed 6.5" but I had to take out the small panels infront of the door. I suppose you could but them to fit but I didnt want to do that. Also you need to unbolt the bonet latch to be able to get the left speaker out and in. Kinda at awkward to unbolt it too.

to unbolt the bonnet latch just remove the hooks for the glovebox :D saves time :P

I couldnt get my 6 1/2s to fit in the standard hole! strange. myn is an ex-jap as well. i had to cut holes in the door panel.. didnt cut any of the metal tho of course. they look quite cool in the door panel :D

6.5's usually require removal or cutting of the trim panel, and sometimes slight cutting of the bonnet pull. Not hard, just takes more time.

My advice would be to put larger speakers in the door if you want to upgrade, the standard location is crap. Hard to seal and as said if you are running decent speakers (even stock size 5.25) the magnets wont clear the steel or the door light switches.

If you’re looking for a simple upgrade make sure the magnets aren’t large on the replacements.

They look terrible in the doors on e30.

Didn’t know speakers were made for looking at Bravo :P

Fair call though, I have a mate slowly glassing me some speaker pods where the cubby hole is.

Edited by Apex