crazyarab

TM: Another E30 M3...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...amp;permanent=0

45,000km, 30k!??

Anyone know anything about this one?

EDIT:

Someone hurry up and buy my car lol, this car seems legit! :mellow:

Edited by crazyarab

Jesus, be interested to find a bit more about this one, $30,000 no reserve for an Evo 1..... and only '45,000km' on the clock apparently.

45,000km, 30k!??

Anyone know anything about this one?

I know I am going to have to go look at it as it is in Palmy.

Only worry is what the wife will say if I come home with another E30!

Sam, you seem to know more than you are telling, do you have some info on this car?

Guest SamSpargo

Sam, you seem to know more than you are telling, do you have some info on this car?

I merely meant the M3 floodgates have opened.

I know I am going to have to go look at it as it is in Palmy.

Only worry is what the wife will say if I come home with another E30!

Can you please keep us posted :)

Doesn't look legit to me.... Only one photo, description in broken english, owner claims he's out of the country until the 19th... Hmmm.

By all means someone go take a look... could be the bargain of the century if it checks out.

That car looks very nice, maybe there is an undisclosed reason as to why its so cheap, could be rough as guts underneath.

For sale, BMW E30 320i Touring, has blown water pump but is still driveable short distances..

Hmm, my thoughts...

Car has Evo2 bodykit and looks like it is Macau Blue (Evo2 only colour)... Owner calls it Diamond Black?

Agree with all Gannetboy's comments... I think I would be opting for the white one on TM at the moment!

If anyone has a look, let us know how it is! Price is smoking.

Wow... some of you guys on here really are the "conspiracy theory" types aren't you :P .

There could be all kinds of reasons why he wants/needs to sell the car. Being out of the country until the 19th isn't a big issue as the auction ends on the 26th.

Please don't bag things until you know the full story or at least have gone and seen the car in the flesh!

I merely meant the M3 floodgates have opened.

Ok, sweet. I thought you knew a bit more as you seem very clued up from your posts on Bimmersport.

On the 19th I will be straight on the phone and go check it out.

Whilst I am not a complete Know-all on E30 M3s I like to think I know a lemon when I see one, will give my honest opinion on here.

It may be a little cock-eyed as I will be licking the alloys and stroking the engine most of the time :wub:

I will try and refrain from kicking any tyres though, and asking if he would swap for my '91 Honda (not that I have one) :rolleyes:

Wow... some of you guys on here really are the "conspiracy theory" types aren't you :P .

There could be all kinds of reasons why he wants/needs to sell the car. Being out of the country until the 19th isn't a big issue as the auction ends on the 26th.

Please don't bag things until you know the full story or at least have gone and seen the car in the flesh!

I agree - it could be no more complicated than he actually wants to SELL the car (rather than advertise it), and potentially it could have a couple of minor resistance points (ie condition not great).

Lets assume he does want to sell it reasonably soon (for whatever reason), and there are 3 others for sale at around $40k ish, what alternative does he have but to at least kick off an auction process at a lower number.

Maybe, shock horror, the market value of M3s isn't that high... :ph34r:

^

You're always on the E30 M3 hate thing.... :)

Maybe you should get one.

My wife doesn't understand :(

I don't hate them - I really, really like them. I just see there is a little potential for bubblemania in E30 M3 pricing... and as financial conditions have tightened I really do think their values must suffer (or already have).

I have pretty realistic views on the values of my cars, FWIW. I have a '69 Porsche 911 that I really should get around to selling as I don't drive it, and while I would like to think its worth UK prices, or Australia prices, the SELLING prices here in NZ don't justify it. You do see cars advertised for quite a bit from time to time, but they don't sell.

My issue with E30 M3's is they don't ever really seem to sell here... they get advertised a lot, but they never seem to change hands much (or it is amongst the same group of people). That was fine while it lasted, but I sense more of an oversupply of cars now that economic times aren't so flash.

I could, of course, be totally wrong.

Edited by CamB

Hmm, use the money I earned in WA to go to Uni debt free...

Or get an e30 M3....

First option of course!

Can get one after 4 years of being poor and learndeded.

On the 19th I will be straight on the phone and go check it out.

Whilst I am not a complete Know-all on E30 M3s I like to think I know a lemon when I see one, will give my honest opinion on here.

Did you end up viewing this one Jon the Pom?

I believe the guy is still overseas until Wednesday, so I will be straight on the phone to him that day. Hoping to get a look over it this week, if possible.

Will let you know what I see later in the week. Keep you posted.

Certainly looks like a scam then chaps.

Dunno that it was a scam, maybe a change of heart or private sale. I tried the mobile number given a few times on the day he said would be returning, went straight to answerphone, which possibly meant was still out of the country.

Shame it has been withdrawn, was looking forward to having a dribble over this one. :love: