Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

e30 325i motorsport

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-188057605.htm

its a 85 with 180hp? and mat black? this car could of been so niice especially for that price

and no rejo and wof?

seems suspect, they cant even get the engine specs right and its got a homemade mat black paintjob

mmmmmmmmmm

and they say "5 Speed manual - very rare in BMW"

WHAT THE FCK?

It has four doors. It is a 325i with a tech II kit not a motorsport. Which means it can't be an 85 unless the car has had the facelift kit retrofitted at great expense.

I just think the seller has no idea what their car is...

its got indicators on the front guards, i thought only f/l had that?

this is weird :wacko:

It's a PFL with techII by the looks of things.

The kit doesn't quite look at home :S

its got indicators on the front guards, i thought only f/l had that?

this is weird :wacko:

My PFL has the same indicators

Edited by JiB

My PFL has the same indicators

yeah but this car is 85' and im pretty sure indicators on front guards didn't happen till late 86 early 87

most likely it was in a crash and all the panels were ding'd so they thought they might aswell convert it to facelift?

i dunno im guessing

yeah that's defiantly it. How did you know it might be that?

is it stolen or what?

It was going for about 2-2.5k a year ago on TM with heaps of rust. Noticed the wheels and remembered it as have a bunch of pictures of it

yeah but this car is 85' and im pretty sure indicators on front guards didn't happen till late 86 early 87

Are you referring to side indicators? Every e30 I have ever seen has them.

Edited by Eddy

Are you referring to side indicators? Every e30 I have ever seen has them.

my 85 318i doesn't

my dads 83 320i doesn't

i win :lol:

If you can get this under $5000 then this would be a decent deal, 325, manual, tech 2, all those are getting rarer and rarer.

I too am blessed with the luck of side indicators!

Every e30 I've seen has the side markers - if your doesn't, then its more the exception than the rule. Ican't remember how many e30's I've seen, but its probably more than you've had hot dinners. ;)

Its a pre f/l - rear lights, rear guards, and non-ellipsoid headlights. The tail lights being the biggest give away.

It isn't even a full tech-II kit - its missing the side skirts, front and rear guard pods and door pods.

Factory spec on the m20b25 is 170hp, so I'd say its a blatant embellishment. Real rwhp is probably closer to 120-130hp or around, but probably just below 100kw in the new money.

Its a bit of a POS, esp for that money. With no WOF, no reg, that paint job, and all the probable problems I wouldn't give him 2k.

my 85 318i doesn't

my dads 83 320i doesn't

i win :lol:

Just checked my old e30 boook with lots of pictures.

The 10 or so first e30s (all 320i) that were built in '82 didn't have them; a 323i built in '84 did have them; a 325i convertible built in '87 didn't; and plently of early Alpina models did.

Maybe only the flash models got them? :P

Just checked my old e30 book with lots of pictures.

The 10 or so first e30s (all 320i) that were built in '82 didn't have them; a 323i built in '84 did have them; a 325i convertible built in '87 didn't; and plenty of early Alpina models did.

Maybe only the flash models got them? :P

Maybe

my dads 320i was registered 1983, May 18th so its most likely a 82' model which only 15,580 e30's were produced in that year :lol:

so are you saying its on of the first 10 320i's?

but mine isn't that flash, pretty stock really :( (that is before i got my hands on it :P )

NON SIDE INDICATORS FOR THE WIN!!!!!!! ^_^

my SA 85 320 doesn't have them

my dads 320i was registered 1983, May 18th so its most likely a 82' model which only 15,580 e30's were produced in that year :lol:

so are you saying its on of the first 10 320i's?

I'm talking about the 10 press launch cars used around Europe, built in mid '82.

Interesting thing to note: "Now I've lost my license" that, combined with "daily driver" = that he lost it in this car, its probably been stickerd at some stage and most probably "dropped the clutch bro" a few too many times.

Edited by QuickSilver

i dont understand how someone could own a bmw AND GET SO MANY THINGS WRONG ^_^;)