Sign in to follow this  
briancol

World's fastest Rolls Royce

No, it's not a chop. It's a 1970 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow built by Joe's Street Rod Shop. Poking out of the hood behind the Spirit of Ecstasy is a blown 572-ci Chrysler Hemi that is bottle fed to a more-than-adequate 1,350 horsepower. The car has all of the luxury touches you would expect from a Roller, including full leather, Vintage Air A/C, four TVs and a jar of Grey Poupon. Underneath it's a full tilt boogie runner with a Chris Austin chassis, Air Ride, Wilwood brakes, full tubs and Billet Specialties Riviera wheels. It even has a leather-swathed trunk with matching coverings for the batteries, fuel cell and bottle. Notice the leather wrapped roll cage inside as well, a very elegant touch, and one that sums this sophisticated beast up perfectly.

post-2989-1227055101_thumb.jpg

post-2989-1227055133_thumb.jpg

post-2989-1227055169_thumb.jpg

post-2989-1227055193_thumb.jpg

I'm keeping this bumped coz I think it's typical yankee over the topness.

bitchn. Love everything except the tv in the trunk. And the blower out the bonnet (sorry, hood) is a bit too much. Rollers have such a mean shape for rods though - wish there were more of them.

Edited by bravo

Haha he probably wouldnt be able to turn.... Love it except for the same reasons as bravo but like the blower out the bonnet :P

Im no expert but it looks like it could do with some spacers up front ;)

Its a drag car, probably find they are only 5" wide rims

But where would you put the golf clubs? :unsure:

they went to all that effort on the interior then put gauges that have no class at all :huh: and is it an auto?

Wolf in sheeps clothing! Not that they were ever a sheep with their 141kW/189hp RR 6.8l V8 :P

Shame about the TV's though.

And the blower out the bonnet (sorry, hood) is a bit too much.

Out the hood is the only rightful place for a blower. And especially when it is sitting on top of 572ci of Hemi... Righteous!

Out the hood is the only rightful place for a blower. And especially when it is sitting on top of 572ci of Hemi... Righteous!

Yeah bu tit would have been better just peeking out. Its a little obscene how it is. IMO.

That is so awesome, Jay really knows his stuff aye!

What revs do you think that Bently pulls? doesnt sound like alot, typical of an early motor though non the less

I dunno If they increased the redline it didnt say but the original redline for the 8 litre was around 3k wasnt it?

I've only just found that site a week ago and I'm stoked I did as there are so many cool videos on there and they seem to load intantly?! Pwns tv/

way cool site!

I'm knocking off and going home to watch some more.

I dunno If they increased the redline it didnt say but the original redline for the 8 litre was around 3k wasnt it?

I've only just found that site a week ago and I'm stoked I did as there are so many cool videos on there and they seem to load intantly?! Pwns tv/

Yea not too sure man didnt sound like much tho haha.. still love it tho none the less

way cool site!

I'm knocking off and going home to watch some more.

Hah - just watched this one about the MaClaren F1.

he's just finished mentioning they made everythingfrom scracth, and didn't borrow parts like switches etc from another manufacturer to save money and a few seconds later there's a cut to the centre console with a rather obvious BMW electric window switch lol.

Me, a BMW nerd? f**k off!

Oh, PS - yes I know the motor a a few other bits in the mclaren are BMW too - just weird that Jay didn't mention it esp since he's usually pretty on the ball about his cars.

Edited by bravo

^ Have you noticed there are NO bmws in his collection? wonder why

if were to have one i would suggest a bmw M1 procar, the ones they ran in 1979 i think

there pretty much the sh*t