Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Over steer

ive changed the front bush's and now the car seems to oversteer

how much do my tire pressures or suspension settings come into play?

ive got an e30 320i on 15" 225's (40psi front,33psi rear)with koni adjustable's, should i soften the suspension in the back and take some pressure out? is there an online guide for this?

my meaning of oversteer is the back just starts to slide out, and i know i can go faster round this particular corner, by about 20k, more simply i used to go round it at 85 and start to understeer now i go round at 65 and start to oversteer :huh:

Obviously means your front is stickier than the back, so either tighten the front up a little and soften the rear, or increase the front pressure and let a little out of the back until you have a balance, or maybe a combination of both? Really is a trial and error process. :D

Get a wheel alignment done by someone with a brain

yeah im going to get one done, as i have replaced the whole front end :)

and silver fox ill be up all night trying combination's :)

Autolign on Carbine Road. Or Suspention Tech on Andromeda Cresent in East Tamaki. They are the pros for wheel alignments.

Autolign align many race cars. They are the cheaper of the two. About $70 for a full state of the art alignment by alignment pros.

Personaly I don't bother with tyre shops. Very few of them know what they are doing.

I need a full alignment as well. Proper one

ive changed the front bush's and now the car seems to oversteer

how much do my tire pressures or suspension settings come into play?

ive got an e30 320i on 15" 225's (40psi front,33psi rear)with koni adjustable's, should i soften the suspension in the back and take some pressure out? is there an online guide for this?

my meaning of oversteer is the back just starts to slide out, and i know i can go faster round this particular corner, by about 20k, more simply i used to go round it at 85 and start to understeer now i go round at 65 and start to oversteer :huh:

Wheel alignment on the back of an e30 does not exist unless you have the camber and castor adjustable read end modifications.It only tells you how far out of spec it is :huh:

What type of tires do you have ? somebody more qualified might offer advice if the type =, model and brand of tires are causing trouble with your setup also.

Do you run a LSD or single spinner ? somebody might offer opinion if that will make a big difference with stiffer springs/quality shocks like you have.

I am very interested in how you go as I have fitted koni adjusrables to my car and expeirenced very similar results to what you did. i still have not fitted a rear swaybar either.

well the front could have to in or toe out causing it to behave wrong in the rear

its singles spinner

there bridgestone somthing 2, directional tires all round 225/15/50 the rims should fit 205's tho lol

and there will be no rear sway bar going in