Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Rear shelf sound setup

well i've taken out my rear parcel shelf and ain't puttin it back in till i've sussed out a sound setup! this means no rear seat ie no passengers. oh or good music for a while. with the sub in the boot i think i might port the boot in the middle of the parcel tray. and was thinkin 2 way 6's?

any help or advice would be brilliant.

Na don't bother with back speakers. I wasn't sure at first but i like it better now with no rear fill. I'm just going to put the factory grills in place with no speakers in to let a bit more sound thru.

Just get a sub in the boot and some decent comps up front and your sorted. (Get a good headunit as well of course)

I've got component 5.25" in the rear deck - but I wonder why. Agree, leave covered as vents for the subs. Also a cheaper option! Even nicer is to get a new (uncut) rear tray and not bother with grills - now that looks hot.

so you guys saying that you shouldnt bother with ANything in the back? ive been running with some 6" up front and sub....am looking at purchasing some 6 1/2 components and moving the 6's to the back....is the recommended sound set up not to do that?

for a proper set up generally speaking you should not have ANY rear fill.

but as you all have back seats its most likely that you want to "hook" the rear tag alongs up with some sound.

f**k that sh*t, no rear fill and a nice big sub in the boot, so all they get is "BOOM" while you enjoy the perfect sound reproduction up front.. see it can be doubled as a "get your own car" type statement without actually saying anything!

i put new comps in the factory holes/grills @ the reae, and new comps @ the front, using the factory cross over and factory tweaters, sounds good.

Been thinking about a sub, but what i have goes pretty hard. (4*50w mp3 Panasonic H/deck)

Hell tim, can you even be near the car on full volume? My setup with just components up front and subs in boot is loud enough. Ollie, have you had a look at my setup? I'm real pleased with how mines sounding at the moment

Edited by petone

me? care about rear seat passengers? haha

almost a tui ad

yeah it sounds pretty good without rear fill the front factory bmw speakers go hard.

Guest Spargo

Pretty much just copy Jordan's setup. That's damn sweet.

I ask you this: [copy Damo's example]So you go to a concert and sit with your back to the music? No?[/copy Damo's example]