Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Late Xmas present

So my ever so kind neighbour delivered me a late Christmas present this afternoon.... More like she drove her Range Rover out of her garage into the side of Bimmersports favourite calender car!!

Getting pretty pissed off with getting the brunt of peoples dumb-ass-ness. Still havent got my wing mirror fixed from the last epic oppsy.

Oh well it was a accident and is going to Prescion Autowerk for a quote tommorow, just looks like I wont be going away for New Years :(

Grrr had the worst luck lately with cars..

End Rant

post-29-1230523969_thumb.jpg

post-29-1230524156_thumb.jpg

post-29-1230524167_thumb.jpg

Edited by RJS

So... your neighbour made a mistake and is paying for it to be rectified at the best possible place and you are telling us all about how much of a bitch she is? Your a dick

i think it is fair to be slightly angry, she would only pay to fix it, not for the time he spends grounded while he gets it fixed ect ect

Well at least someone gets it. I mean Im totally happy that she and her Husband came over and told me what happened. I just found it funny if they asked if there was always a dent there haha. But yeah Im just pissed off that having my car sit in a panel beaters getting fixed over the holiday period kind of throws off my plans of what I was meant to do.

So hopefully shes back in tip top shape soon for summer crusing which is why I bought a new car in the first place haha

By the way does anyone know the colour code for Mauritius Blue? The colour sticker from my engine bay has gone astray I've noticed.

Edited by RJS

Accidents suck and we`re allowed to get pissed off. Call if you need a replacement door,,,,

Max, I cant help but laugh at your comment!

Cant quite work out why you wont be able to go away for new years thou? Its only a dented door, not a write off by any means.

totally understand you being pissed same thing happened to me on Xmas eve and althought the bloke is paying it's still a complete pain in the arse.

Max, I cant help but laugh at your comment!

Cant quite work out why you wont be able to go away for new years thou? Its only a dented door, not a write off by any means.

Oh I know I can still go away just it was all planned that I'd have my car but if its at the place getting fixed I'll be without a car. But yeah either way its still frustrating. I do count myself very lucky though it was good honest people who owned up and said they will fix it.

Max, your a muppet.

I feel ya pain Ryan lol had this happen multiple times on 4 different cars, however the bastard's always have run away. So Ray has been my best friend for doors and panels lol.

G/L and seeing your not going away you can join me at that house on Pupuke if ya feel the need :D

So my ever so kind neighbour delivered me a late Christmas present this afternoon.... More like she drove her Range Rover out of her garage into the side of Bimmersports favourite calender car!!

Getting pretty pissed off with getting the brunt of peoples dumb-ass-ness. Still havent got my wing mirror fixed from the last epic oppsy.

Oh well it was a accident and is going to Prescion Autowerk for a quote tommorow, just looks like I wont be going away for New Years :(

Grrr had the worst luck lately with cars..

End Rant

Accident sucks... looking on the bright side you have some honest neighbor..tell me where u live..i may consider moving there lol as i woke up couple of times and found out a few major dents on my car without knowing who was responsible

Yea I am grateful for the honest folk of St Marys Bay haha

Now my next mission was trying to find a panel beater I trust that is open this time of year!! Oh well I'll get it done next week

So, Precision was closed for over NY so I went on a mission to find another good panel beater and I ended up doing a deal with NewMarket European Panel beaters which the quote was $1040. That includes fixing the door rather than getting a 2nd hand one paint + blends and clear coat on the entire side of the car. Pretty good deal I thought.

Anyone else have dealings with them in the past?

So, Precision was closed for over NY so I went on a mission to find another good panel beater and I ended up doing a deal with NewMarket European Panel beaters which the quote was $1040. That includes fixing the door rather than getting a 2nd hand one paint + blends and clear coat on the entire side of the car. Pretty good deal I thought.

Anyone else have dealings with them in the past?

Can do half that price (without the bog) call me..

Man, I'd be soo mad.

Well atleast it was hit by a Range Rover, not a sh*tty Honda City or something. Ha.

And atleast they've got it covered. With a Range Rover, I'm sure fixing a car door wouldn't scratch their wallet.

Chicks notice dents and stuff. Then they think automatically you're a bad driver..."Oh no, my Daddy wouldn't like me to get into your car if you were a bad driver..."

I always feel my heart ache when I see a BMW with damage.

Hope it's fine and dandy asap. ^_^

So... your neighbour made a mistake and is paying for it to be rectified at the best possible place and you are telling us all about how much of a bitch she is? Your a dick

settle down dork . whos the dick now

Guest Simon*

Kids please

Play nice or I'll slap some of you

Hard luck Ryan - hope it all gets sorted with min fuss

Bad luck, but good they came & told you! Some would bail & do a runner.

Interesting point here though, your car is illegally parked & if it was at the time of the accident wouldn't that make your claim via insurance a little difficult?

i think it may be a oneway street as the merc is also the wrong way?

Yeah true, never thought of that. However, it looks like a centre line in the middle of the road there?

Yea its a one way street so no illegal parking at all and plus it worked out well they just handed over $1000 cash to cover the bill. Nice and easy!

edit - The line that looks like a centre line is actually a arrow pointing one way, easy mistake

Edited by RJS

Ahhh cool. Thats a good result, I'm pretty sure the repair can be done for under that, even a new door...

Ouch! Sorry to see what happened. Very good of the neighbours to tell you about what happened. I posted a few weeks ago when someone left a big white paint mark on the back corner of my 330Ci (that I had on my name for less than 24 hours). It happened right in front of Noel Lemming at Bayfair (Mt Manganui) and there were no cameras in the parking lot.

I'm tempted to become one of those dicks that take up two car parks just to prevent people from opening their doors against mine. Although I reckon people will then go out of their way to damage the car. Instead, I just follow the good advise suggested to me by finding an open spot far away. I need the exercise anyways!