Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

1990 525i with 535is running gear

about $2500 or i part it out

has lsd , good engine and box .

grey leather reacro's .

i have all the replacement panels in the same colour if someone wants to tidy it up .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anything wrong with it?. Pretty low k's for an M30

Hay Brent

Nice engine looks the same as the one ya sold me, having intermittiant issues with it not starting when warm but hay

Do you know if the center console would fit a e28, also

do you have the coolant reservoir plus pipes as i think my coolant reservoir on the e28 is real low and think it could be part of the prop

Also do you know if its worth changing the acclerater cable from the e28 to a better one as mines shot and had to cut the end

Cheers

Edited by Kym

Anything wrong with it?. Pretty low k's for an M30

just lots of little things to tidy it up realy come and check it out if you like

k's are whats on the speedo , dont know what k's it came with from teh donar 535is .

but these engines will do 500,000 if looked after . this one runs fine.

Hay Brent

Nice engine looks the same as the one ya sold me, having intermittiant issues with it not starting when warm but hay

Do you know if the center console would fit a e28, also

do you have the coolant reservoir plus pipes as i think my coolant reservoir on the e28 is real low and think it could be part of the prop

Also do you know if its worth changing the acclerater cable from the e28 to a better one as mines shot and had to cut the end

Cheers

funny engine ran fine here , .

std e28 coolant botle is fine .

just make sure you have bleed the air out and done get it too hot , they dont like it .

e34 console is wider than e28 .

yes put a better cable in if you need to.

cheers

Hey mate. This was the one off trademe not too long ago with those 18s on it right?

Did you end up getting a wof for it? Was it just some bushes (or similar) like the guy said?

Cheers

Edit: sorry, I might be completely mistaken! Could you give me an overview of what might need doing?

Edited by Top Secret

Hey mate. This was the one off trademe not too long ago with those 18s on it right?

Did you end up getting a wof for it? Was it just some bushes (or similar) like the guy said?

Cheers

Edit: sorry, I might be completely mistaken! Could you give me an overview of what might need doing?

got wof ok , just needed to do a few things (exhaust , bulbs etc ), yes had some e39 17" m5 copy's on it which wobbled like a wet dog .

bushes and steering ok (just the wrong wheels) :blink: .

Hey Brent, any idea how much to get a towbar on it, is the wiring a pain on this model? I was quoted $2.5k+ to put a tow on a later 5 series due to diagnostic computers,etc. Also, what would the towing rating be for a braked trailer behind it? I need about 2 tonne. Cheers, Jon.

Hey Brent, any idea how much to get a towbar on it, is the wiring a pain on this model? I was quoted $2.5k+ to put a tow on a later 5 series due to diagnostic computers,etc. Also, what would the towing rating be for a braked trailer behind it? I need about 2 tonne. Cheers, Jon.

easy bolt on job not like the e39 pain in the %$#^%% system , easy to wire just tap into the rear tail light wiring . can do for an extra $250 fitted . 1500kg braked rating

Cheers for the offer of fitting one up, unfortunately I will need a few more than the 1500kgs to be legal.

Cheers for the offer of fitting one up, unfortunately I will need a few more than the 1500kgs to be legal.

yea sorry thats max for a E34 . NOT MANY NICE CARS HAVE GREATER TOW RATINGS .

the 535i has the highest of the e34 shape too.

i have towed 735il and 730i v8 on tandam axle trailer a few years ago . was a bit touch and go with braking .

wouldn't do that agian .

towed e28 525e back from hamilton recently . was no problem at all.

post-279-1231908243_thumb.jpg

post-279-1231908276_thumb.jpg

post-279-1231908421_thumb.jpg

It's like all ratings, set well on the safe side. I'm sure the car has the power and the brakes to tow much more than 1500kg safely on a braked trailer, but "just to be safe" the rating is set well below that.

If I were pulled over with more the load over the 1500kg I would get pinged by the police which is more my worry as I seem to attract police cars like flies around poo when I am towing, even with a Land Cruiser!

And yes, very funny Foxy it is a 320, about 1140kg without me in it (I can probably strip some more out after Christmas) plus the trailer at 600kg and tools, spare wheels etc. I would estimate in the 1800kg range.

The later model 5 Series 528i has a rating of 1800kg braked, but there are very few around with a towbar that are anywhere near a reasonable price, and 2.5k to have one fitted is a bloody joke.

You are right, there are very few decent cars around with that sort of rating, so will have to keep looking, damn, fancied your 525i / 535iS Brent!

still up for grabs?

maybe . call me in a few days