Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Friend looking for a car

My mate is looking for his first car and he is keen on a 330ci e46 or something similar in series and power.

I suggested CRZARB

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-195922333.htm

And hes also looking at this 330ci

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-190646954.htm

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks for suggesting my car :)

Really depends what he is looking for, some people can't stand the idea of spending 20k+ on a car that is 14 years old... However, if it's performance he is after I doubt he will be able to beat an E36 M3 with that budget.

I would also suggest he considers this one, I know I had my eye on it for a while!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=196339448

Edited by crazyarab

Thanks for suggesting my car :)

Really depends what he is looking for, some people can't stand the idea of spending 20k+ on a car that is 14 years old... However, if it's performance he is after I doubt he will be able to beat an E36 M3 with that budget.

I would also suggest he considers this one, I know I had my eye on it for a while!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=196339448

That's a tuff M3 that you've pointed out man, was considering it myself a while back but found out it's a singapore import which have quite a bad reputation. Would be bloody awsome otherwise, i want that plenium.

That's a tuff M3 that you've pointed out man, was considering it myself a while back but found out it's a singapore import which have quite a bad reputation. Would be bloody awsome otherwise, i want that plenium.

Yep, same here.

I too was considering that car when I was in the market however a mint NZ new M3 with full service history from new is bloody hard to come by and hence I snapped it up while I had the chance B)

Then again, an M3 professionally tuned by Hamann... Wowwwzaaa!

Just depends on where your priorities lie.

Yep, same here.

I too was considering that car when I was in the market however a mint NZ new M3 with full service history from new is bloody hard to come by and hence I snapped it up while I had the chance B)

Then again, an M3 professionally tuned by Hamann... Wowwwzaaa!

Just depends on where your priorities lie.

Good price, great car, but yeah, can you trust it.

Is that a good price in todays market thou?

Is it a genuine hamann spec car? In all honesty, I would rather a stock standard one if I was looking at throwing that much coin at a car. That one just looks like its been dicked around with too much.

Only my opinion thou.

Carzyarab's car has my vote :)

i have also been watching the Hamann one, its been on trademe for awhile now.. maybe theres something wrong with it?

Is that a good price in todays market thou?

Is it a genuine hamann spec car? In all honesty, I would rather a stock standard one if I was looking at throwing that much coin at a car. That one just looks like its been dicked around with too much.

Only my opinion thou.

Carzyarab's car has my vote :)

Had a chat to the owner (car dealer) a couple of months ago about this car, it's all genuine Hamann equipment, the painting of the black bits is the past owners idea which does look crap IMO, the cars got a cert for the Hamann bits too. As i say would be a stonking little car if you could trust the reliability.

If you were going to buy a stock standard M3 (for around the same price) you would forever be searching for the Hamann bits, at a very expensive price.

My thoughts. :)

Are you talking about Panda Huddy?

ya

there is a 2000 330 on TM with nice BBS CHs around the 20k mark.

what do you guys reckon will the the lowest price an e36 m3 will peak at?

There was one on trade me with the reserve at 12k, went for just over 13k afaik.

like any other car they will keep coming down....

like any other car they will keep coming down....

bugger, is there any chance that the e36 M3 will follow in the E30 M3 footsteps?

Highly doubt the E36 M3 will follow in the E30's footsteps as the E30 was THE origin. Can't see the E36 appreciating in value anytime soon (or ever).

However, I also don't see the current market price going anywhere either... especially now that they don't comply with the new NZ import laws and hence we won't be seeing any more come into the country.

They will continue to be a brilliant car that is VERY hard to find and frankly a whole lot of car for what they are worth nowadays.

I think the real car to watch for with regards to dropping price will be the E46's, seems like their prices are really dropping now with the release of the new M3's.

bugger, is there any chance that the e36 M3 will follow in the E30 M3 footsteps?

in what way.....appreciate you mean?...doubt it,just too many made.

I agree there, the E30 was the benchmark that no other M3 would compare to. E46 m3s are still dropping too, be interesting to see what price they settle at.

The superior looking and driving E46 M3’s are coming in droves and the price of them is dropping faster than a black women in a rap video, maybe this could affect pricing of the E36.

My mate is looking for his first car and he is keen on a 330ci e46 or something similar in series and power.

You say your mate is looking for his first car, if he is young and has little driving experience I wouldn’t recommend the M3.

I reckon the price for a good* E36 M3 will stay above $15k in the medium term (it seems to currently be close to $20k, although you can only guess what cars sell for as you only see asking prices).

* Good means looked after, not molested or bodged, etc, with no indication of future problems. The ones that have been cheaper have been a little rough, or high km.

I'm basing this mostly on an expectation that powerful RWD manual Euro cars are becoming more and more difficult to find. They're fast and they handle well. But, it will come down to condition - they aren't rare enough to really provide any decent support to the price IMO.

They are definitely not gonna do an E30 M3 IMO - it has way better racing history, and it seems there were about 20k E30 M3 and about double that of E36 (Euro) M3s.

Plus its not visually different to a 318i with an M kit.

Edited by CamB

That's what i was just thinking, an E30 M3 is a one of a kind looking vehicle whereas any E36 could look like an M3, it's the motor and interior that puts it above the rest.

Anyway we have gone way off topic.

how bout buying my very tidy e23.

its got poke when needed and is a classic.

hell,add a turbo kit for 8k and it will keep up with most toys :P

plus he can stick the saved 16k under the mattress B)

You say your mate is looking for his first car, if he is young and has little driving experience I wouldn’t recommend the M3.

Hes quite a laid back driver in terms of style. He said its either a skyline, rx7, silvia or a 330ci, and i said the bmw isnt in the same league as the others at all. Id take a less powerful bmw over a riced out japa any day, and im just trying to convince him of that. Im thinking a tiptronic 330ci would suit him.

Anyway we have gone way off topic.

Just a tad lol. Jus inquiring to see if anyone knows any bargains/beauts out there.