Sign in to follow this  
JasonL

Heres One For Ya

Okay heres a weird one.

The wall behind the back seats in an E30 has a metal plate any reason why that is,Can it be taken out,or is it holding the car together.

Reason wanting to remove is im doing a audio comp car and need to get the most sound out of it and at the moment its blocking alot of noise. ;c

Anything I could do about it,

HELP

I can't remember because tourings don't have it but isn't there perforations in it to cut it for the ski kit or something?

I thought you were allowed to and could punch out the the ski hole? Rectangular bit in the middle.

I can't remember because tourings don't have it but isn't there perforations in it to cut it for the ski kit or something?

Yes

perf'd for ski hole yes.

Can be punched/kicked/hammered out

Correct

I thought you were allowed to and could punch out the the ski hole? Rectangular bit in the middle.

Correct

So I cant cut the hole thing out just the square part in the middle. To hold the seats up well thats easy leave the hocks there and cut around them plus back seats dont get sat in. :D

Any other panels I can cut/take out.

So I cant cut the hole thing out just the square part in the middle. To hold the seats up well thats easy leave the hocks there and cut around them plus back seats dont get sat in. :D

take the drivers door off. mean sound!

So I cant cut the hole thing out just the square part in the middle.

Correct. If it's not perforated and you have to cut it, then you'll fail your WOF and won't be able to get it back on the road without a certified repair with engineers cert.

No, no other panels can be removed.

Ask at www.nzicemag.co.nz/forums If they havn't done it or know how, then you probably can't do it.

NZice seems to be very hit and miss. Apart from the for sale section :D

Try a smaller sub in the cabin. See if you like the SQ, it worked wonders in my car.

IMO e30's aren't the best car if you're competing in a 'sound-off'.

I also had the same problem of the rear firewall = bad sound transfer when I had my old e30. Unfortunately if you're going to cut it out then you need to get it cert'd like was mentioned.

At the price of engineers report + re-cert just for a sound-off you'd be better to spend the money on a oldish hatch back (toyota or something) and put the sounds in that, You'll have a big cabin for the sounds and it wouldnt cost that much more then converting the e30.

just my 2c

What sort of gear are you installing ie. sounds???

If you're interested I have 2 x 1000w eaudio amps and a 20 farred tsunami (competition) cap I'm thinking of selling soon.

Laurence

Edited by Old_Skool_Bmw

I also had the same problem of the rear firewall = bad sound transfer when I had my old e30. Unfortunately if you're going to cut it out then you need to get it cert'd like was mentioned.

At the price of engineers report + re-cert just for a sound-off you'd be better to spend the money on a oldish hatch back (toyota or something) and put the sounds in that, You'll have a big cabin for the sounds and it wouldnt cost that much more then converting the e30.

just my 2c

If you're interested I have 2 x 1000w eaudio amps and a 20 farred tsunami (competition) cap I'm thinking of selling soon.

Yeah I want it in a E30 not some toyota/suby like everybody else has. Plus E30 have a massive boot can easyily take 3-4 subs along with set of 6x9 and amps for show. Might get a price on getting it cut out. Im losing alot of sound becuase of it.

Running around 3500rms in subs and around 750 inside car. Total bout 4300rms.

Will be adding speakers and others into boot if can sort this problem out.

Laurence

NZice seems to be very hit and miss. Apart from the for sale section :D

Try a smaller sub in the cabin. See if you like the SQ, it worked wonders in my car.

Yeah its going to be a spl car. Not a sq car.

Running around 4300rms

just my 2c

Also how much you looking for your cap. and other gear.

Laurence

Get a touring, my Kicker sounds great! ^_^