Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

740i broken into

Some scum sucking teenage arseholes smashed the window to my 740i in the early hours of monday morning - glass everywhere. We heard the thump as the window broke but didn't connect what was going on till we heard an alerm, looked out the window and saw the hazzard lights going, as a car reved and drove off.

Cops arrived within 5 minutes, and a dog and handler 20 minutes later. We were standing by the car just after the cops left and a car full of tenage / youths turned across the instersection 50 meters from where we live, with windows down, and yelled out "haha". Thing is - if they didn't do it, how did they know there was something to say "ha ha' about.

So if anyone knows of some sad shits with a Volkswagon Bettle in Upper Hutt I'd like to know.

Should've jumped in the car and gone after them (to get the plate number of course). Beetle's aren't very fast.

Should've jumped in the car and gone after them (to get the plate number of course). Beetle's aren't very fast.

My wife had the car keys for the other car, and ran to the intersection to try and see the plate, by the time I got the keys and took off it has dissapeared down one of the many side streets off Fergusson Drive. I'm maybe lucky i didn't find them - I was damn angry at the time.

Sorry to hear that man. Little shi*s. If it was me I would have gone after them.

some sad shits with a Volkswagon Bettle

LOL! :lol:

btw, did they take anything?

Edited by Nick021

Little sh*tes!!

I would've seen red when they drove past laughing :angry:

Awesome that the cops responded so quick though. Would be a much worse story if you had said the cops didn't care.

Gained much respect for Police response time recently.

Gutted.

Should have gotten an 750iL, Bullet proof windows FTW

Insurance should cover though?

Edited by ED1RTY

I can empathise, I parked the 540 at Royal Wellington golf club, finished my round to find passenger window smashed, took my phone and smokes checked, advised Vodafone but they had still downloaded over $100 worth of music, Vodafone were good about it, still finding bits of glass. Car park has cameras but no video in the recorder, duh

Edited by Huttey

Know how you feel mate, completely insurmountable rage in that situation!

Will insurance pay for the new window?

Thanks

Yep on the insurrance, AMI arranged with Smith & Smith glass, should get back Tomorrow.

Awesome that the cops responded so quick though. Would be a much worse story if you had said the cops didn't care.

Gained much respect for Police response time recently.

Cops were brilliant and non judgemental about obvious radar detecter bracket on the windscreen lol.

Nothing taken - I think they were surprised by the alarm. They did open the glove box but all it had was the manual.

By the way the NZ new 740i has the double glazed windows like the 750 - they are stronger than usual but not bullet proof - god knows what they hit it with. Smith and Smith glass said very unusal for those windows to break completely (both layers).

what colour is the VW?

old or new? (I'm guessing old)

I'm in Upper Hutt, so if I see it I'll grab the plate number for you

Caring Understanding Ninetee's Type'S

LOL havent heard that one before, right on the money +1.

never nice when that happens to anyone, sorry to hear Jimbo

what colour is the VW?

old or new? (I'm guessing old)

I'm in Upper Hutt, so if I see it I'll grab the plate number for you

Thanks; Older style bettle, reasonably loud, appeared dark, had 4 guys in it.

Got the car back today and not impressed, glass has deep scratches (you can feel them) on outside, I'm guessing there is some broken glass rubbing inside the door somewhere. Metal trim inside door not fitted correctly either :(

Will drop by Smith & Smith tomorrow and see if they really do put things right like in the TV add!

Thanks; Older style bettle, reasonably loud, appeared dark, had 4 guys in it.

Got the car back today and not impressed, glass has deep scratches (you can feel them) on outside, I'm guessing there is some broken glass rubbing inside the door somewhere. Metal trim inside door not fitted correctly either :(

Will drop by Smith & Smith tomorrow and see if they really do put things right like in the TV add!

Got the same thing with scratches on the outside from bits of old glass left inside, Smith & Smith also replaced my window when my car was broken into few months ago.

Got the same thing with scratches on the outside from bits of old glass left inside, Smith & Smith also replaced my window when my car was broken into few months ago.

Took it back yesterday - Smith & Smith are going to replace the window and do the trim properly this time. I think the guy who did the job is goning to be in to poo - that window can't be cheap. Manager told me the job was completely unacceptable and thanked me for brinbging it too his attention. Sweet!