Sign in to follow this  
rjac001

BIO Fuel

Was just wondering if using Gulls Hi Octain blended Bio fuel (force 10) was OK in my 86 325i?

I have been filling up quite alot Recently at Gull, could it possibly damage the engine or fuel system over a long period of time?

Thanks For Your Help...

Check Gull's website, I think they used to have a list of cars that were fine to use their bio-fuel.

Cheers

Grant

I read somewhere that only bimmers from 1994 onwards can use biofuel. I'd be very careful, do your research before you try it.

It may be OK, but a BMW press release says NO.

Not to hi-jack but did gas just go up again?!! I'm sure when I last filled 95 was around 1.60- something, just filled last night and it was 1.74(sorry -cant remember details, need coffee). Fuel has gone up by at least 30c since I got the car a month ago... Should have got that red 316/2 from Glenn!! lol.

Guy working at servo thought gas would be around $2 by the end of the month.... :angry:

Edited by BLACK DORIS

45c increase since middle of Jan = 45c in 3 weeks.

I wont use it in any of my cars... I'm using shell... no particular reason..just handy to work

Only a handful of Silvias are using it. And they are Tuned for it. It does make more power than the BP 98 octain but you need to tune the car for it.

But I would never use it in something as old as an E30.

I wont use it in any of my cars... I'm using shell... no particular reason..just handy to work

BP is in the same complex as you? :huh:

Guest Simon*

I have tried the Gull Ethanol added stuff and it makes the 540 backfire heaps, seems to chew through the gas and no apparent gain (by butt dyno)

It could have simply been a placebo but the two times I've used 'Gull Force 10' in my car it has seemed less powerful and I know it's used more fuel. Only by about 0.1-0.2KM/L but the difference is there. On the Auckland motorway cruising I can get about 12KM/L if there is limited traffic. This usually brings my usage to about 10.1KM/L from Hamilton. Used Gull and could only manage a best of 9.9KM/L. That was two trips in three days to Auckland. As I said it could have been a placebo effect but as a result I won't touch the stuff anymore. Could've been caused by the fact that the car isn't tuned for it I don't know. But I'm happy with Shell or Caltex 95 so why change.

45c increase since middle of Jan = 45c in 3 weeks.

hmm. Gonna have to fill tank til it's overflowin everytime now, case it goes up another 15c by the time i get back!!!