hey guys, what do you reckon? is it worth 5500

525i

or what about this one?

525i

let me know what you think as i am gonna buy one of them

thanks

oops suppose to say e34 not e43, dont type in the dark! muppet

Edited by tony_veitch

5500 prolly ok...maybe a wee bit high imho.They are both lowish k though.I would think most e34 are well over 200 by now if they see "normal" use

check trademe,i think manual 535 are going for that,maybe higher ks though

i dont think either deserve to be called m spec,they dont appear to have the body kit or the sports seats

Edited by kiwi535

Guest Simon*

I like the second one ($3600). Better buying at that price and my gut tells me the car has received better care.

There is not much very "M-Spec" about the first car but the badge on the boot, and the suspension setup, if he has his story straight.

So what are your criteria for buying? Just an E34 in the South Island?

Those cars are both Autos, neither have leather and higher spec'ed ones come up for sale for the same or less money all the time. Both will have the older M20B25 motor rather than the later M50 with variable valve timing (Vanos) introduced in about 1991/92 and good for another 20hp.

Of all the E34's the 535i probably has the most reliable motor, and for the size of the car it pulls along without any fuss. In most instances a 535 will have higher spec than most 525's too.

Just my thoughts :)

Well i am living in qt, so i will definately have to travel to get one anyway, so either dunedin or chch were my options. But i will be in auckland on the 25th 26th, so is a possibility of driving it back.

Was definately looking for a 535, but options are limited on this island.

And i was thinking of option 2 myself, 3600 and then can spend a few grand on tints, jamex low springs, some nice 18' rims and some nice fat tyres. yum

yeah looked at that, but very dubious on cars with 200,000+ kms on them

i was trying to stick with cars about 140-180..

i dont want to have to spend a few grand on getting it overhauled any time soon

i wouldn't look at the m20 engines a bit low powered in the e34 . the M50 or M50tu go better .

or just get the 535i

I have a black 1995 535i (e34) which I'm about to put on the market.

Have put a replacement engine and transmission into it from a car with 110,000-115km on it I have the history of the donor car (still have it in my driveway), The 535i has 195,000km on the dial. I have replaced most of the suspension, Put in a Limited Slip Diff, Full Dark Blue leather (electric memory), Sunroof, 17" Schnitzer Style alloys (brand new tyres), Lowered on jamex springs.

Flew through its warrant a week ago, If your interested an offer of around $5500 will have a smile on your dial all the way back to Queenstown.

I have built it intending to keep for myself but alas I have no self control and my foot is too heavy and I go too fast and I had to give my license to the Police.

post-1332-1234212249_thumb.jpg

post-1332-1234212261_thumb.jpg

post-1332-1234212274_thumb.jpg

post-1332-1234212288_thumb.jpg

post-1332-1234212297_thumb.jpg

Edited by melowpuf

yeah looked at that, but very dubious on cars with 200,000+ kms on them

i was trying to stick with cars about 140-180..

i dont want to have to spend a few grand on getting it overhauled any time soon

dont be dubious re the mileage,just the care...a well looked after 535 will be in between its 100 000 k cycles....and the basic engine will do much more than that.If all that side is ok you will be looking at suspension and or cooling systems,and again they should have been looked at too.I hope i dont come across as snob but i would think an nz new 535is will normally have a good chance of being well looked after,being just a wee bit special??

I have a black 1995 535i (e34) which I'm about to put on the market.

Have put a replacement engine and transmission into it from a car with 110,000-115km on it I have the history of the donor car (still have it in my driveway), The 535i has 195,000km on the dial. I have replaced most of the suspension, Put in a Limited Slip Diff, Full Dark Blue leather (electric memory), Sunroof, 17" Schnitzer Style alloys (brand new tyres), Lowered on jamex springs.

Flew through its warrant a week ago, If your interested an offer of around $5500 will have a smile on your dial all the way back to Queenstown.

I have built it intending to keep for myself but alas I have no self control and my foot is too heavy and I go too fast and I had to give my license to the Police.

Hey, nice!!

Definately very interested, manual or auto??

Either way, i will keep in touch, you might have yourself a sale.

Like i said before i will be up there on the 25-26th.

But will let you know before hand anyway.

Thanks

p.s any inside shots? and those pics dont have a sunroof? not calling you a liar or anything ;)

Edited by tony_veitch

Hey, nice!!

Definately very interested, manual or auto??

Either way, i will keep in touch, you might have yourself a sale.

Like i said before i will be up there on the 25-26th.

But will let you know before hand anyway.

Thanks

p.s any inside shots? and those pics dont have a sunroof? not calling you a liar or anything ;)

She's an auto, did have intentions of converting her to manual but I have decided to sell her. I can get some interior shots later this week. I have given the car to a friend to use, he has fallen in love with her and is trying to find the money to buy it, but I am not counting on him to be able to come through with the funds. Will have the car back later this week to get some interior shots.

Interior wise the leather is still in good condition, and last time I stuck my head out the roof their was a hole in it.

Let me know if you would like any photos of any thing specific on the car.

She's an auto, did have intentions of converting her to manual but I have decided to sell her. I can get some interior shots later this week. I have given the car to a friend to use, he has fallen in love with her and is trying to find the money to buy it, but I am not counting on him to be able to come through with the funds. Will have the car back later this week to get some interior shots.

Interior wise the leather is still in good condition, and last time I stuck my head out the roof their was a hole in it.

Let me know if you would like any photos of any thing specific on the car.

Sweet as.

yeah just a couple of interior shots and an engine shot would be good too.

cheers brother.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Ive been reading through some old posts, re:e34's and someone said the 540i's go for about 3-5 grand, similar prices to the 535 and i have been scouring trademe for over a month and most early 90's+ are sitting around $8000 is this right or are people smoking that green cabbage again?

Or are they sellers of these cars smoking it??

As of today we have....

a 93 540 with 220,000 for 8500

a 94 540 with 172,000 starting bid of 5000

a 98 540 with 248,000 starting bid of 4000

some cock selling his"hoekab" :lol: 06 323 for 7850

a 96 540 with 200,000 for 8995

a 93 540 with 186,000 for 8995

all look in reasonably good condition, but vary in price.

but im sure you boys have all this on your watchlist especially "hoekabs" 323, i dare someone to buy the plate!!

anyway guys comments on prices, also what about melowpufs offer? any opinions?

i would love a 540, i can afford one, but want to limit it to 5000, otherwise i'll get carried away.

my limit was 3000 now its 5000 i dont want to make it to 10000.

This is my old car and it's a good'n http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-197217301.htm

I sold it to this guy for $5700 (@ 165,000Ks) Bought the car for $9000 about 1 1/2- 2 years ago which looking back on it was too much even then but I wanted it at the time. Car took 6 months to sell. I'm not sure but I dont think the car has sold so if Palmerston North is close enough: check it out- good mechanically, transmission is strong as well.

melowpuf's car is a good looking car no doubt. I had an E34 535 auto- my preference was the 540 for the extra power but the 535 handled better

The 98 540 is obviously the e39- different kettle of fish: same power as the e34 540 but a little more of a standard, family car feel. the e34 is a bit more fun, more of a driver's car. I'm currently looking for an e39 540 myself - as an upgrade (or downgrade as Simon* put it). Go for a test drive locally (that's if there are any for sale locally)and see what you think of the difference between the e34 and e39.

"a 93 540 with 186,000 for 8995" sounds way too high- 6-7K sounds more appropriate depending on extra's/mods- thus the " 94 540 with 172,000 starting bid of 5000" sounds better.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Ive been reading through some old posts, re:e34's and someone said the 540i's go for about 3-5 grand, similar prices to the 535 and i have been scouring trademe for over a month and most early 90's+ are sitting around $8000 is this right or are people smoking that green cabbage again?

Or are they sellers of these cars smoking it??

As of today we have....

a 93 540 with 220,000 for 8500

a 94 540 with 172,000 starting bid of 5000

a 98 540 with 248,000 starting bid of 4000

some cock selling his"hoekab" :lol: 06 323 for 7850

a 96 540 with 200,000 for 8995

a 93 540 with 186,000 for 8995

all look in reasonably good condition, but vary in price.

but im sure you boys have all this on your watchlist especially "hoekabs" 323, i dare someone to buy the plate!!

anyway guys comments on prices, also what about melowpufs offer? any opinions?

i would love a 540, i can afford one, but want to limit it to 5000, otherwise i'll get carried away.

my limit was 3000 now its 5000 i dont want to make it to 10000.

hi . the e34 540i have gone up in value a little from a few months ago when the petrol prices where higher .

there were few sold for around $4-6k .

talking to guy the other day , they brought one for $4k , nice nz new etc selling was asking $6k they just made an offer and got it .

I thought you drove a new Audi TT Tony.

Times are tough after leaving TVNZ?

I thought you drove a new Audi TT Tony.

Times are tough after leaving TVNZ?

Lesson 1 never beat up your wife!

ahaha man what an idiot, is he still on tv? i wouldnt have a clue i dont watch tv..

if i was on his salary i would drive something better looking than a vw beetle on steriods!

the 98 and 96 are the newer model(e 39) i think....most nice e34s will be similar prices now....i would say only the manual 535 and even more rare manual 540 would command any sort of premium,unless you have a very nice car like Arros,s old one

This is my old car and it's a good'n http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-197217301.htm

I sold it to this guy for $5700 (@ 165,000Ks) Bought the car for $9000 about 1 1/2- 2 years ago which looking back on it was too much even then but I wanted it at the time. Car took 6 months to sell. I'm not sure but I dont think the car has sold so if Palmerston North is close enough: check it out- good mechanically, transmission is strong as well.

melowpuf's car is a good looking car no doubt. I had an E34 535 auto- my preference was the 540 for the extra power but the 535 handled better

The 98 540 is obviously the e39- different kettle of fish: same power as the e34 540 but a little more of a standard, family car feel. the e34 is a bit more fun, more of a driver's car. I'm currently looking for an e39 540 myself - as an upgrade (or downgrade as Simon* put it). Go for a test drive locally (that's if there are any for sale locally)and see what you think of the difference between the e34 and e39.

"a 93 540 with 186,000 for 8995" sounds way too high- 6-7K sounds more appropriate depending on extra's/mods- thus the " 94 540 with 172,000 starting bid of 5000" sounds better.

Hey that link doesnt seem to work??

And as for taking one for a test, have you been to Queenstown before??

No good car yards, and there are about 2 million subarus.

Suprisingly there are quite a few e34's around here, 2 520, 1 525 but very average, and there was an M5 too, it looked in rough condition unfortunately.

And an e 39 520 on massive rims, looks nice, but all show and no go.

Id wait for 535i manual, they fairly cheap and you cant really beat them for the overall package. No one regrets buying a manual transmission.