Sign in to follow this  
BLACK DORIS

Think gus was looking at this...

Yep, they guy bought it and immediately put it back on the market for almost double the price.

You could also call it clever ;)

After all isnt that what all people who wreck cars do ? They certainly dont do it for the fun of it.

More than the price difference to buy one in nz.

How much you want to spend?

Previous seller had certainly loved that car and was still adding replacement parts etc (while auction was running) for next owner... those rims the current owner has on look pretty bad imho.

gah. dont even get me started

i suck at ebay, which is why i lost it in the first place. so mainly annoyed at myself

he bought it for under 1100, turns round and offers it to me for 1500. tell him to bugger off, then offers it for 1300. i tell him to give me a day to think about it. i get in touch the next day and he's like "i put wheels on it and lowered it, 2k". what a cock. i would have paid 1300, it was mint. now he has chavved it up and it looks like arse

anyway..looking at a 800 quid sport on the weekend to get my 325 fix!

gah. dont even get me started

i suck at ebay, which is why i lost it in the first place. so mainly annoyed at myself

he bought it for under 1100, turns round and offers it to me for 1500. tell him to bugger off, then offers it for 1300. i tell him to give me a day to think about it. i get in touch the next day and he's like "i put wheels on it and lowered it, 2k". what a cock. i would have paid 1300, it was mint. now he has chavved it up and it looks like arse

anyway..looking at a 800 quid sport on the weekend to get my 325 fix!

Thats a real shame. :(

Previous owner must be gutted as well, 'specially after the way he'd kept it and the price he'd sold it for.

Glad to hear you've found a lil something to keep you occupied!

Maybe 6.5 pushin 7 ?

Previous seller had certainly loved that car and was still adding replacement parts etc (while auction was running) for next owner... those rims the current owner has on look pretty bad imho.

You might get a 318i Touring for that, there aren’t many around so I wouldn’t expect a cheap one in a hurry. 7k will get you a nice 325i sedan with a tech-II kit one would think.

Bagging the onto-it guy that is selling it for a profit is such a Kiwi thing to do, I say good on him. You snooze you lose.

Don't forget the over 20 years old loop-hole for imports!

As this car is over 20 years old now, or will be soon, as its a 1989 (goes on first reg. not build date though) you would be able to import without the need to meet impact regulations, etc.

From UK, shipping would be about GBP 1700 = $4675, plus MAF steam clean, VIN, etc approx $1200

Then you would have to add import duty and GST on top, which would be about $3k off top of my head.

And any costs to meet compliance, brakes, lights, seat belts, etc. allow another $1k

Rough total = buy price + $9875.

Unless you know the bloke, that knows a bloke, from the other thread, that can get cars imported from the UK for $750 :lol:

i've got shipping quotes for roughly £1k - also if you brought it in under a personal ownership thing (i think it's 3 months) then you don't have to pay tax unless you sell it within a certain time

to be honest the rust would put me off - I might just steal the LSD to bring home with me haha