Sign in to follow this  
jjs

E30 325i Motorsport

The other day I was thinking about how it has been so long since there was discussion on this forum about the M325i. When I first joined Bimmersport, there was a new thread about them in some way shape or form just about every week.

A quick check of TradeMe also only shows one currently for sale.

It seems that no one is really that interested in them anymore, why is this? Also there are so few for sale.

Have people come to their senses and realised that $15K for a 20year old car with not much pedigree is too much? :ph34r: Or are there very few purists left on Bimmersport and we now have a different type of membership that is more interested in "modding" standard cars? Or is just that people just moved onto different things?

Edited by Crockett

maby people love them so much they dont want to sell them as a good one would be getting rarer to come across??

I think most are hiding away in garages waiting................to be a classic

maby people love them so much they dont want to sell them as a good one would be getting rarer to come across??

Well said.

To be honest. To me they are way overpriced for a Genuine one.

My 325 is not an M. But is a manual and has an LSD. Also has the M recaro seats and wheel. Only bits I am missing is the kit. Which I will obtain soon. Then the only difference is that one came from the factory with that gear and one did not. But one is 1/2 the price of the other.

For the price of a mint one, i have a tech1 replica.....with a LOT of extras :ph34r:

For the price of a mint one, i have a tech1 replica.....with a LOT of extras :ph34r:

Yeah thats another good point. No point in purchasing an expensive 325M if you are just going to mod it.

These cars are awesome, I love telling people it's a genuine one. And that is _easily_ worth the 4 extra grand.

I'll never sell mine. Guaranteed. So I'm going to mod it how I see fit. The exterior however will remain exactly how it left the factory, and only better seats on the inside. Keep the hardcore purists happy ha

Edited by Incary

I think your right... Also dont know how many times I have to say on this site but cars are not going up in price unless david beckham or posh spice came in the back you will lose value, but M325i still an Awesome Car!!

I think your right... Also dont know how many times I have to say on this site but cars are not going up in price unless david beckham or posh spice came in the back you will lose value, but M325i still an Awesome Car!!

Can you please clear something up for he rest of us?

Do you know that there is a difference between an E30 M325i and an M3? I suspect you think they are one and the same.

Cheers

Grant

Can you please clear something up for he rest of us?

Do you know that there is a difference between an E30 M325i and an M3? I suspect you think they are one and the same.

Cheers

Grant

Of course I know they are different, very similar though but E30 M3 is far more rare and hence worth alot more coin!

they have different engines 6cyl in m325i and 4cyl in M3 and I think but not sure all M3 are built as LHD ?? also slightly different body kits... and so on im no expert on the exact differences but you can relax I dont think they are the "same" car!

Also let me know if Im wrong about the LHD thing?

LHD thing is true, but the e30 m3 is a completely different car, M325i is designed for the public that want a bit more than the 325i, but the M3 is completely different, all it shares in common is the front kidney grill and a few accessory's

in short form

M3 -homologated special for racing (racing pedigree)

----------Not in same league ------------

M325i - sporty model of a 325i

325i - the stock economical version (every day car)

the most desirable part is that they are have a 2.5 and an LSD - in terms of driving pleasure, that's about it...the springs and shocks are most worthwhile changed by now anyway, seats are probably all old and not that nice anyway, and the body kit is just a looks thing.

e30s in general are getting overpriced (at least over here, although there are bargains to be had too) as people are viewing them as being collectable, when really they are just shitty old bmw's that a few people like.

having said that, i would buy my old one back!

These cars are awesome, I love telling people it's a genuine one. And that is _easily_ worth the 4 extra grand.

I would rather tell people it's just a 325i and spend the 4 grand on suspension ph34r.gif

If it were up to me, I'd have a 316i badge especially if I actually had more power under the bonnet laugh.gif

Admittedly, I would probably pay extra for the nicer M325i interior with the black headliner and kit. Just because both of these items are a PITA to fit aftermarket! And definitely pay more money for one with a dogleg box.

P.S. I actually think your car is very choice.