Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Quick snaps of Nick021's '99 323i

Have done a few things since last time I posted. Though I'd take a few quick pictures.

Have upgraded the bulbs for the parks, fogs, low and high beams to 5000k halogen's. Completely legal and has transformed what the front looks like.

Replaced the fog lights, now nice and clear.

And finally put on some German Plates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keen to hear your opinions on the 5000k bulbs. Also on the greenish park lights, compared to the standard yellow.

10 points to whoever can get the place of the first photos. 50,000 points to whoever can get the place of the second lot of photos. :P

Cheers,

Nick

E: (Si) Sorted brother

Edited by Simon*

You could have cleaned it ;)

Lights looks cool, nice white clean colour.

Very nice Nick, you're looking good... I mean, the car's looking good... the CAR!!! :D How much better is the night driving visibility with the new bulbs?

Now you've just got to sort a heatshield for the pod filter, and do something about the curbing on the wheels! ;)

Your car is mint. A credit to you.

I like the lights (are the highs meant to be greeny?)

Cheers guys.

Believe it or not Graham it hasn't been cleaned for a while. :)

Haha Mark! I really didn't mean to put that topic title, honest!

The visability is just as good as before, definitely better on full beam. When I upgraded I wasn't really going for greater light output, mainly trying to find an alternative to get the look of HID. But the light that they put out is white/blueish, and is equal < better than the stock bulbs.

The things you've mentioned to address are on my list. Both came when I got the bimmer. Previous owner didn't bother with a heatsheild, and previous owners curbed the wheels as well. REALLY annoying! <_<

Your car is mint. A credit to you.

I like the lights (are the highs meant to be greeny?)

Cheers Ian, appreciate it.

Thats the other thing I meant to ask opinions about. The high beams are the same as the lows, the park lights are the green your seeing.

When I put the bulbs in they were all white but the parks which were still yellow. Ryan (RJS) suggested getting some bulbs silicone sleeves from repco and they're on the park light bulbs now. Gives out a greeny colour. Suit it more IMO than the standard oldish looking yellow. The green looks more modern IMO.

Oh, I figured the lights were like e34/e30 with the 2 lights closer to the centre grill being high.

Still looks nice, makes it more unique.

Guest Simon*

Looks really mint Nick

Liking the lights and I really like the colour and overall look of your car.

+1 on some kind of heat shield for the pod :)

Oh, I figured the lights were like e34/e30 with the 2 lights closer to the centre grill being high.

Your correct mate. The inside lights are high beams, (not on in the photos) the parks and highs take the inside pair.

Cheers for fixing the thread up Simon. I will eventually get around to the pod filter/heatsheild thing, when I do i'll have to extend the filter further forwards away from the engine/heat, so a couple things to sort.

Cheers Cale. Gus the bulbs are bright at night! During the day time they're still visable, but seeing as they're closer to the colour of actual daylight they blend in more.

dam thats clean. lights look good but i bet msport side mouldings are calling out to you. second lot of pics are at musick point?

M sport mouldings are calling out to me soo loudly! :P The only Mspec option on the car that wasn't optioned at the factory!

Not at musick point mate, I'll give you all a clue. Pt Chev somewhere.

The only Mspec option on the car that wasn't optioned at the factory!

i really want to know what people think when they buy cars new lol. some weird options on nz new especially.

Very crisp looking car Nick - well done!

Not sure on the green parks but agree to rid the yellow & not really much other option

2nd lot of photos aren't at Schnapper Rock Cemetry Are they? the empty paddock down the back?

Cheers Grant. I agree with you on the green parks, they do take some getting used to, but look pretty cool at night. Not at Schnapper Rock Cemetery Ollie.

Yea, rears about alright but front is a bit high. Will do something about it eventually.

1st pictures are southern end of Unitec in the carpark and second pictures I'd say are in Coyle park down the end by Pt. Chev beach close to the playground. Am I right?

Pictures looks great btw Nick.

1st pictures are southern end of Unitec in the carpark and second pictures I'd say are in Coyle park down the end by Pt. Chev beach close to the playground. Am I right?

Pictures looks great btw Nick.

Cheers Ryan.

Yep Unitec. Nup Coyle Park. Haha, I don't think anyones gonna guess it!

Nice looking coupe Nick, very clean.