I cant decide some help please

Hi guys im looking for a new car and ive got some questions

Should i got for an auto 328i or a manual 325i

Specifically

This or

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=202529591

This

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=200647047

The 325 would be a bit harder on my pocket but i can afford it and i really would prefer a manual but i just would like some advice from some people who own bmw's.

Also the mods done to the 325 seem practical and it doesnt have clear rear lights or anything horrible what do you guys think ?

Found out with my Starion that there can be alot of differences even just between the years let alone models.

Thanks for any advice !

:D

Personally I would go with the 325i. For obvious reasons like it has leather, M3 rims (reps?), white (the new bleck), manual etc...

Having the manual bolted to the 2.5l would certainly make up for the extra cc's the 328i has.

Is 8 alot for a what looks a not to thrashed manual ?

8.5 is a lot for a '93 e36. I got my '99 323 manual for not much more.

Just a standard car underneath, not even a motorsport. M3 reps.

Don't get me wrong, I think its a nice car, but you could definitely find better. Isn't there a 328 auto or manual (can't remeber0 on trademe for 8.5? '98 and all.

My 2c.

Definatly the Manual 325! Has a racing dynamic bodykit which you dont see everyday, NZ new, Manual, White, Low km's for age, leather...the list goes on. Who cares if its a 93? Its still an E36 and the same shape as a 98! I dont think 8.5k is too over the top. 8k or under would be better. Remember its just an asking price and from memory its been on trade me for a while so you can always make an offer.

The 328 hmmmmm, let me think........ahhhh, it has nothing going for it IMO

I got bored so found another option. By the looks of it you dont care if its 2 or 4 door? This one is a fairly straight, original E36. Is older but still NZ new, alot cheaper and most of all manual. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-202903956.htm May or may not be a goer.

Edit: Carjammer: http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=bwm404

Edited by 3 SERIES

Between those two - the 325. You are obviously from the Canterbruy area, so I'd say wait for the perfect one - best cars in nz are in canterbury - no rust, and for some reason really mint examples.

The 328i you have listed doesn't look particularly exciting. If you look harder, you will find several nice M-kitted examples on TradeMe for not much more cash. This one (TradeMe link) is owned by a member on here and looks like a nice example.

Auto / manual is personal preference really. I'd love a manual for the occassional weekend thrash, but find my 328i auto to be an excellent allrounder - easy around town and enough fun in the weekend.

Manual 2.5 ltr, also don't forget the manual box will last a long time unlike the auto .Just offer low, get a BMW prepurchase done first, if only a few minor issues come up start at 6k, you can always increase your offer

Hold off, be patient :D!

Manual all the way, but $8.5 is a tad over priced imo.

The manual one has some nice mods that I'd pay up for a little, but the price is definitely up there for a 325i.

I personally think 8.5k is a fair asking price. The km's aren't high. Adjustable koni shocks aren't cheap, coupe w/ leather, chipped, v/ tasteful mods.

Buy it

I personally think 8.5k is a fair asking price. The km's aren't high. Adjustable koni shocks aren't cheap, coupe w/ leather, chipped, v/ tasteful mods.

Buy it

Agreed! Find me one that looks as good as that with the same tasteful mods for cheaper....

Yeah i think you should wait aswel , especially seeing as the recession is likely to get worst before it gets better, so im guessing in the near future there are going to be alot of cheap deals coming up.

Stay away from autos if you want performance, and stay even further away from the japanese assembled automatic ones there gearboxes cost heaps in comparison and are prone so break.

Hey thanks for all the info.

I have about $8 to spend and want a manual ideally.

The other option from the e36 would be something similar to this and spend the rest on improvements

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-203446938.htm

buti what is the 2.7 from and what should i watch out for. oh and i would need new rear lights ASAP those ones are horrible....

Edited by fuzyfrog

Hey thanks for all the info.

I have about $8 to spend and want a manual ideally.

The other option from the e36 would be something similar to this and spend the rest on improvements

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-203446938.htm

buti what is the 2.7 from and what should i watch out for. oh and i would need new rear lights ASAP those ones are horrible....

he still has the std tail ights . i told him to change them they look yuk ,but he siad each to there own opinion.

other than that looks to be a pretty good car .

2.7L m20 block from a e28 525e with 2.5head etc . go quite well.