Sign in to follow this  
gjgregory

Introduction

Hi there.

Just registered after googling and reading about Jap radio conversions in the forum.

I've had a 1991 E32 750iL for about 6 years and recently upgraded (up?) to a 1997 E38 740i. Still have the 750 and it's in way too good condition to sell for what I'd get for it, so it's now my "weekend" driver and boat tow. Bit of a tight squeeze to fit them both in the garage though... ^_^

I do most of my own work on the cars unless time or tools become an issue. Here's what I can remember:

e32:

Intake manifold gaskets

Brake disks & pads

Self levelling strut recond.

Water pump

Radiator

Lower oil pan gasket

Throttle body recond.

MAF

Rocker cover gaskets

Plugs

Replaced entire exhaust system with orig.

e38:

Waterpump

Brake disks

MAF

The 740 ran like a shocker when I picked it up but is now running very smoothly, with just a little hesitation when cold until it warms up for about 30 seconds - still working on that!

Welcome. Do you have any pictures?

hi, i think you will find nearly everyone does most of the work on their cars here

be good to see some pics :)

You weren't out at Maratai last week pullimg your boat? Along omana beach area were you? Those mags on the E32 look distintive and I'm sure I saw a gold E32 out there last week??? I can't remember if it was a 750 though.

Nice, you cannot beat cream leather with wood trim for the 7's. Id Still take an E32 over an E38 :D

Edited by Eagle

You weren't out at Maratai last week pullimg your boat? Along omana beach area were you? Those mags on the E32 look distintive and I'm sure I saw a gold E32 out there last week??? I can't remember if it was a 750 though.

Hi Bezzal. Yeah that was me. Took the dinghy out for the first time in ages. Looks a bit rediculous behind the 750 though :blush:

Yeah - I still love the E32 and will probably never let it go. Still looks good, but I wanted something younger and a bit more economical. The 740 doesn't have the low down torque of the 750 when towing though.