Sign in to follow this  
jjs

New U2 CD - anyone had a good listen to it?

I know this isn't a music forum, but when arguably the biggest band in the world releases a new album, it is something pretty exciting.

Just bought the new U2 Cd and have to say I am sadly underwhelmed. There are no feel good hits like all their previous albums featured and the whole CD sounds very similar and fades into the background a bit too much for my liking.

I'm a huge U2 fan and had today marked down in my calendar... Oh well, maybe it will grow on me in time.

Your thoughts?

I listened to the first song, flicked to the second as you do when your checking the whole album, and was half way through that one before I realised I hadnt been paying the slightest bit of attention to it.

Sadly U2 lost it years ago :(

I feel it all went downhill after Joshua Tree/Achtung Baby

Yea have only heard a few songs on the Rock and all I can say none of them really do it for me aye.. wether I should give the album a listen or not, ill leave it upto someone else maybe...

Arguably the biggest band in the worlds right.

Have they learnt any new chords?

Should have just downloaded the copy leaked online by the Aussie arm of their record company. Could've saved yourself 20 bucks.

All the big music magazines are saying that U2's music is overshadowed by Bono's self righteous preachy environmentalist agenda, and I have to agree.

Arguably the biggest band in the worlds right.

Have they learnt any new chords?

+1!

That is the number one why I can't stand U2 and people look at me funny when I say I don't like them.

I thought he got the nickname "The Edge" because he was revolutionising the guitar ^_^

What some of you youngsters ;) dont realise is that this is not the U2 of twenty years ago. In the mid to late eighties/early nineties they really were the best rock and roll band in the world. Although I honestly dont know how much influence they had over here at that time.

[edit] horrible spelling !

Edited by Penry

What I've heard so far is crap-much like Bono's constant pontificating :angry:

Joshua Tree forever!!