Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

2011 BMW 1-Series to get five variants and 4-cylinder twin-turbo

Posted Image

BMW is hard at work on the new 5-Series sedan due out next year followed by a 1-Series replacement in 2011 and the next-generation 3-Series for 2012. UK publication CAR has dug up some interesting info on the 2011 1-Series that may be of interest to you BMW fans.

According to CAR, BMW is considering at least five different variants for the next-generation 1-Series including a two-door hatchback; a three-door shooting brake; a three-door Sportwagon; a three or five-door GT1/PAS (like the 5-Series GT); and a three-door Sport Activity Coupe (you can think of this variant as a two-door BMW X1).

The new 1-Series due out early 2012, will also feature a Supersport model that is rumored to fit between the 135i and the next-generation BMW M3. While it won’t be badged the M1, the car will carry a high-revving 2.0 or 2.2L twin-turbo 4-cylinder engine making some 300-hp and a peak torque of 331 lb-ft.

CAR says that with new design and engine lineup the next-generation BMW 1-Series is likely to move up the price and performance ladder.

- By: The Daily Auto Editor

Ewww

They need to be fatter/wider imo, but i do like them

I like them, esp the hatches with some sort of aero kit and rims, but I'm not a fan of the big eyes.

Edited by bravo

Guest Ari Gold

white 135i coupe with all the bmw performance options ticked would suit me just fine.

I love the 1 series. Think they are great little cars. Would one day like to have a 135i.

white 135i coupe with all the bmw performance options ticked would suit me just fine.

+1. Especially the brakes! :blink:

Very nice the 1 Series.

Though I cant understand, if they can make these relatively nice looking....... why cant they get it right with the new 7 series that just appear to be a copy of the Lexus LS460, accept uglier and probably one of the most hideous BMW's made, even more so than the X6 coupe/4x4 mess. <_<