Sign in to follow this  
Livi

Auckland Autism Charity Cruise

Hello everyone,

Just letting you all know for the past couple of weeks ive been putting a charity cruise together to raise funds for the construction of a special centre where Autistic children can go get treatment. Its next Saturday , and we're hoping for a huge turn out! theres alot of interest! :D

Date: 04 April 2009

Time: 12 pm

Starting Point: West Gate *where Burger King is* We will stay here till about 12:4O pm

Finishing Point: Muriwai Beach , where we will have a photo shoot of all the cars and a chat maybe a game of something!

GOLD COIN DONATION IS A MUST,

Good behaviour is a must, no speeding or reckless driving, obey the road rules!! Keep in convoy to not get lost. Directions will be available for all participants and out of towners

This will be a awesome day, Please spread the word and we look forward to a huge turnot!

For More info Join our Bebo Group

http://www.bebo.com/AutismCharityCruise

What is Autism?

Autism is a lifelong disorder. It interferes with a person's ability to understand what he or she sees, hears, and touches. For this reason, a person with autism has very difficult problems knowing how to behave properly and how to interact with other people. The person has to be taught behaviors that develop normally in most people. Autism varies in its degree of severity among individuals. The disease has a full range of symptoms, ranging from mild to severe.

Autism occurs in about 1 out of every 1,000 children. It is found four times more often in boys than in girls. It occurs everywhere in the world among all races and social backgrounds. Autism is usually evident in the first three years of life. In some children, the disease is difficult to detect. It may not be diagnosed until the child enters school.

Some children with autism have an unusual form of the disease. They show a unique talent in one specific area, such as mathematics, memory, music, or art. These children are known as autistic savants (pronounced sa-VAHNT), or intellectual autistics.

Hope you can all make it!

Stickers are available to be purchased at $3 each , profit goes towards the charity as well.

Kumeu Police have also been notified about this event.

^_^

post-4161-1238123286_thumb.jpg

Fantastic cause, my apologies for not being able to attend. I hope you get some awesome numbers!

I'd Love to, but also send my apologies. Cant get time off work. Hope you get a big turn out :)

HI Livi, your not from Girlspeed are you?

Also how do you treat Autism?

No im not from Girlspeed how come?

and basically my mum works with these kids and she uses a method called the Kodaly method , where music is used to inhance the childrens senses , aswell as balance and co ordination activities are done to improve the way they walk and talk and act etc

its amazing to see the difference she makes!!

its this weekend everyone!! hope to see you there!!

No im not from Girlspeed how come?

I just remember seeing wheels and heels on there

wheels and heels is totally different :P haha

not long to go now!! might see some of you tomorrow :D

Sorry I couldnt make it, couldnt get out of work. My mate went on my behalf in a black RX7.

Sounds like it was a good day aparent from the police stops.

I saw a E36 with the Autism cruise sticker on it at the petrol station in Orakei last night seems lots of people went.

I'll make it to the next one.

I would love to have attended to give support. It was too short notice for me and maybe some others as well. Next time you do one Livi...please give us a bit more lead time, so we can organise our misserable lives :D

Sorry I couldnt make it, couldnt get out of work. My mate went on my behalf in a black RX7.

Sounds like it was a good day aparent from the police stops.

I saw a E36 with the Autism cruise sticker on it at the petrol station in Orakei last night seems lots of people went.

I'll make it to the next one.

OMG that was me!! very nice beamer BTW hahaa what a small world!! i wondered if you were on Bimmersport!

And that black RX7 = very very very nice!! awesome guys too!

There are two more planned!! one for the beginning of May in Tauranga and one for End of May in Wellington!! should do a cruise from Auckland to Tauranga for it!! :D

Its ok i understand people couldnt make it , we still raised $267.90 :D

so maybe people would like to attend the two which are coming up?any interest?:D

Def keen for Wgtn one

Same here

Officially memberised :P

Now to make sure i'm free that weekend

Thank you! :D took me ages to put together :P