Sign in to follow this  
e30m42cab

New Memeber from Canada

Hey Everyone!

My regular board (BMWboard.com) is closed for good by the sounds of it, so Graham (also a member of BMWboard) has suggested that I come over here. So here I am!!

I've owned BMW's for the last 7 years or so, mostly E30. Started off with a 1986 325e (t-boned), then a 1986 325es (rotted out) then a 1988 325i (beater, now parts car sitting in the driveway), and I currently have a 1991 318i cabrio, and a 1992 E34 525i.

The 1991 E30 318i cabrio has 270,000kms. M42b18 DOHC 16v with a Dinan chip and K&N cone filter. Lowered it 2 years ago on Koni adjustable shocks, and Intrax springs. I installed a UUC Evo 3 short shift kit and clutch stop last year. Momo steering wheel, pedals, and shift knob. Bosch H4 headlight conversion, and Autopal H3 100w yellow highbeam conversion. "is" front lip to finish it off. Blaupunkt Los Angeles CD/MP3, Blaupunkt Sirius satelite radio, blaupunkt rear speakers, and MB Quart front speakers. I installed factory fogs into the stock harness, stock switch, and bulb installed into the cluster. Upcoming projects are a Stebro exhaust (sitting here on my basement floor), and heated seats (sitting in the garage, waiting for me to pull the harness/switches/console out of the parts car).

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 1992 E34 525i (M50b25 ~ 5 speed) is my winter beater. Lowered on Bilsteins and Eibach (not the best idea for a winter car), Dinan chip, K&N panel filter, M5 replica 17" rims (offset~ 255's on the rear, 235's up front), 540 front lip. Cross drilled rotors all 'round. Everthing else is stock.

Posted Image

The parts car: 1988 325i. Still runs!

Posted Image

My parents both drive E30's as well. My dad's car is a 1992 E30 318i cabrio. It get driven in the winter with a hardtop. pretty much bone stock... suspension replacement is on the way this spring. She's like a boat right now.

Posted Image

My Mom's car is the pride and joy of the family. It's a 1989 325i with 80,000kms on it. Everything is perfect on this car. No pitting on the headlights/fogs, no rust, full tool kit, working antenna, crank sunroof with zero rust. Even the steel wheels are rust free. No dashboard cracks, no tears in the cloth. Bone stock, and that's the way it will stay. Only thing I did to it was add a second truck light (the classic E30 $5 ~ 1/2 hour mod). All the cars are in very good shape for Canadian cars.

Posted Image

So there you have it!! The Fleet! Hope you like 'em. I do all the work myself, and I hope I can help out here and there.

Scott

Welcome Scott, great to see such a selection of E30's with no side indicators. Love the 5 as well.

hey Scott, loving ya cars, the intake manifold on your 318i cabrio is so shiny, how do you go about that?

Welcome Scott, great to see such a selection of E30's with no side indicators. Love the 5 as well.

Thanks! Canadian and American cars never required side markers, but some people install them anyways.

hey Scott, loving ya cars, the intake manifold on your 318i cabrio is so shiny, how do you go about that?

Cheers! Just different sizes of wire wheels on a drill. I did it a few years ago and it still looks good.

Yeah great bunch of cars. I presume there is a healthy BMW following in Canada too. There is pretty much everywhere I think.

^yeah, there's a pretty good bunch of people here in the greater Toronto area. We get about 65 cars for cruises, and around 200 for show's. Newer BMW are rampant around here. You're pretty much gaurenteed to have one in your sights at all times when you're driving around on the highways. Nothing really older that E21's around here though. The odd 3.0csi and bavaria kicking around.