Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

T&E Scams again

Quite a common scam but this time it is different. As they are trying to sell my car! lol

Thanks to Andy for finding this. I have contacted T&E and will contact the Police to let them know. As I really don't want some angry idiot who fell for the scam showing up at my door wanting his money back.

http://www.te.co.nz/te-motors/Cars/Bmw/540i/adId-4312083.htm

Just in case the page is removed by the time you see the post.

It is essentially all the info taken from the Trademe auction for the car which I purchased 4 weeks ago. So all the info is 100% correct. The only way to contact the seller is via email. Of to which Andy has told me they reply with the old "I am overseas, but if you send me half the money I will send you the car" trick.

But I am sure anyone with half a brain would not think they are going to score a E39 540i for $4000 right? lol

Awesome.., I've busted someone doing the same on there a couple of years ago, reported it but all I think they did was remove the ad.

I guess it's quite a common problem on the T+E as the page has a scam disclaimer on the bottom of the page :blink: Looking at their place-a-listing page I can see why these are rife, absolutely nothing to confirm who you are or how to track you.

picked up two more since. Z3 1998 for 4k and 318i E46 touring for $5k .. both at silly prices both stolen info from trademe auctions of same car. It needs to be compulsary to display phone numbers on these auctions and not email seller. Hopefully would eliminate this crap.

Edited by bmw3

Yeah, even at the bottom of the page it says:

Scam Warning

Avoid scams by dealing with people you know you can re-contact and locate through a valid phone number or address. Be particularly wary if the item is greatly under-priced or the seller is overseas. Please see our Scams Section for more information.

lol thats retarded, worst thing that could happen is that if someone pays for the car then dosent hear anything, traces the plates and comes and try's to take it out with you :o

then again you could always pay for it on visa :P well if your credit limit was big enough, because they will always refund if you get scammed

lol thats retarded, worst thing that could happen is that if someone pays for the car then dosent hear anything, traces the plates and comes and try's to take it out with you :o

then again you could always pay for it on visa :P well if your credit limit was big enough, because they will always refund if you get scammed

Pretty sure creditcards have terms stating you don't get cover for things like cars?

came across a scam for a plasma . and the guy has other electronic stuff at okish prices , and only email contact

Sounds familiar.

about a week ago found supra for 4.5K.

Outcome: Please send 2.25K to our verified safetrader agent s in UK by using western union."

Edited by Esky