Sign in to follow this  
Livi

Has anyone seen one of these before?

So driving home along the motorway towards south , just past the new market exit i saw one of these....i was thinking what the heck...HUGE fricken tires!! went closer....saw the BMW badge and i thought arrrr what the heck is that thing , never ever have i seen one of them! but *drool* :wub: its so nice!! looks really hard out! wouldnt mind one when i win lotto ^_^:P

has anyone else seen this kind of BMW?

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.autoclub.com.au/2007/09/bmw-concept-x6.html

Edited by Livi

isnt it an x6? ive seen one in hamilton

It says it a Sports Activity Coupe ! theyre sooo nice! its the perfect combination! :D

Guest Ari Gold

Matt black on 33" swampers with 6 lights on the roof = ultimate tonka truck.

the X6

i still can't decide whether i like it or not. In white i think it has grown on me, at first i thought it was fugly!

I dig it - just needs to matte camo and i'm set

yer when i first saw it i wasnt sure what to think!!! but its grown on me!!

Im curious as to what engine is in it though...ive been trying to research it but i cant find anything then again i suck at research haha

ok wait i think ive found ther choices

Technical Data

V8 Twin Turbo petrol engine

Straight six-cylinder petrol engine

Straight six-cylinder diesel engine

Six-speed sports automatic transmission

Dynamic Performance Control

xDrive

Adaptive Drive

Active Steering

Dynamic Stability Control

Double-wishbone front axle

Integral rear axle

i think those are the choices you get for what engine you want?give me the V8 Twin Turbo any day haha

A new chapter in the history of engines.

The V8 Twin Turbo engine in the BMW X6 xDrive50i.

In the BMW X6 xDrive50i, High Precision Injection and Twin Turbo technology join forces in a V8 engine for the first time ever. Both technologies deliver higher performance and lower fuel consumption. The figures speak for themselves: with 300 kW (407 hp), up to 600 Nm of torque between 1,800 and 4,500 rpm and an average fuel consumption of 12.5 l/100 km (EU composite figures), the 4.4 litre V8 engine in the BMW X6 xDrive50i delivers best-in-class efficiency. Another world premiere is the engine’s exhaust superchargers, which are fitted centrally in the V of the cylinder banks for the first time ever. By making the block more compact, this not only saves weight, but also reduces the pressure loss between intake and exhaust sides further still.

I think im in love :wub:^_^

Edited by Livi

There is an "M" version being worked on I think also!

Like all good women, looks fine from the rear

Posted Image

HAMANN offers the 23-inch

wheel with tyres measuring 315/25R23 from 9,385 euros.

Badass, 23's..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like the interior too

Posted Image

Schnitzer only do 22's :(

AC Schnitzer Racing Wheels Type VII silver or black

front: 10,0J x 22“ offset 20 with tyres 295/30 R22

rear: 11,5J x 22“ offset 10 with tyres 335/25 R22

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yip, love the X6's. There is a badass black one rolling round in Wellington. Looks tough.

Guest Simon*

Jesus those Hamann and Schnizzle ones look tuff!

But have you ever seen a bigger footrest than in PJay's interior pic??!!

There's one cruising around here in black, but standard factory it looks like the aborted lovechild of an X5 and a Chrysler Crossfire. Ewwww

Wow.. Never noticed that! Its like a baby seat. Just strap em on

it's a shoe rack for the elitist soccer moms

I must be old . . . . I think that the X6 is just about the most pointless vehicle I've seen. It's neither fish 'nor fowl, and regardless of "the driving experience" it holds no appeal for me. BMW announced it had created a new category with the X6, but I suspect the category previously didn't exist for good reason . . . .

Besides, somebody has to offer an alternative view, to offer a counterpoint to the emerging X6 Enthusiasts Club above! A previous vehicle referred to with an "X6" model designation was the Australian Austin Tasman/Kimberley and THAT remains one of the biggest automotive disasters in Ozzie history!

I was next to one on the motorway yesterday and it looked kind of weird, this big little "hatchback car" on top of what looks like a widened x5 chassis, with the bottom of the car pulled out in every which direction to fit onto the chassis. Kinda reminded me of like when you fill up water bombs and stretch the balloon around the tap and fill it right up and then it explodes and kills everyone.

it's a shoe rack for the elitist soccer moms

Where do you get this stuff from Ollie :o ? You worry me sometimes mate :wacko: !

Still funny as though :lol: , keep 'em coming!!

Seen quite a few times. Guy down the road had one with rego RPM10.

Hot.

I was next to one on the motorway yesterday and it looked kind of weird, this big little "hatchback car" on top of what looks like a widened x5 chassis, with the bottom of the car pulled out in every which direction to fit onto the chassis. Kinda reminded me of like when you fill up water bombs and stretch the balloon around the tap and fill it right up and then it explodes and kills everyone.

May have been the same one i saw!! :D

see i dont know but theres something about it that makes me go mmmmmm :P imagine the V8 it would be oh so much fun!

Has got to be my favourite car at the moment :D