Sign in to follow this  
pommy

brake fluid

As you all know there a few brands on the market for brake fluid.

was wondering what would be a good brand to use for the e30

thanks.

If for street duties the Castrol Repsonse stuff from Super Cheap is fine. For track Penrite RBF600 :)

Penrite RBF600

Motul RBF600 and RBF660 is only about $25 from BNT for a 1ltr. Should be all you need for a full flush. 2 ltrs just incase. I use this in my series car. And have never had it overheat etc.. Even with shitty pads it was still fine.

Motul, Pentrite, Lucas all come from the same factory.

Infact I think Castrol is the only one that has their own design at the moment. Many of the series guys also use the castrol stuff.

BTW dont go to race brakes. They sell the same RBF600 fluid for double the price of BNT. Good advice. Crazy prices!

Edited by driftit

Motul RBF600 and RBF660 is only about $25 from BNT for a 1ltr...

Thats damm good...

The best i've found was $28 for 500ml (one bottle), you should only need 1 ltr to flush your system... that was from Turbo Vechicals in penrose...

thanks for your help! I was in supercheap the other day they had nulon performance brake fluid it said it was tested @ high degrees and all the jargan that goes with it!!!!!!

whats your guys thoughts ? sounds like maybe motul or castrol

cheers again.

thanks for your help! I was in supercheap the other day they had nulon performance brake fluid it said it was tested @ high degrees and all the jargan that goes with it!!!!!!

cheers again.

I'd go for the castrol, i work at supercheap... the nulon is like our cheap "quality" brand, try and make u think its good and charge u more sort of thing

cheers again.

Personaly me = Motul all the way...

You want to read the actual boiling point for wet and for dry.... read below

Have a read of this site...

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/tech_white_papers.shtml

Particularly:

1) http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_brakefluid_1a.shtml <--- brake fuild Dot rating explained

2)http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_howto_bleedbrakes.shtml

Edited by DRTDVL

I'd go for the castrol, i work at supercheap... the nulon is like our cheap "quality" brand, try and make u think its good and charge u more sort of thing

Pretty sure Nulon is repackaged Castrol :ph34r:

We had a big debate about it when I was working there. :lol:

i use motul; 5.1 around puke lap after lap 200km/h to hair pin speed . no problems

thanks it sounds like the motul is the way to go !!! as I will be using it for mainly cruising round and I go up north once a month and the bends are fun!

also when i do get it on the road it will be good to do a few meets to taupo or even talk myself into takin it on the track?

I'm using MOTUL RBF660 now, and have noticed a reduction in the amount of bleeding required to keep the braking system performing at its best. Would definitely recommend it.