Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

Flew to Colorado to pick up a sight unseen car...

Post of the year....no question.

For sure.

I actually orgasmed a little bit when i saw the picture of your old e30 M3. Nice job with the new car though, seems to be a rocket ship. Are they limited to 250km or did fear take over!?

For sure.

I actually orgasmed a little bit when i saw the picture of your old e30 M3. Nice job with the new car though, seems to be a rocket ship. Are they limited to 250km or did fear take over!?

Did you not see the speedo at 300kph?

Convinced me to consider the states for my next trip. Can I borrow your M5? Perfect road trip car. :P

Mean write up!

Mint Car, can see how your not much of a fan of those rims and CF though...

Very cool - great write up.

If you find yourself having to come to Norcal to pick up a car, send me a PM.

Cheers

Grant

Seeing as how Houston is so boring I fly all over the the US to keep myself sane - you're in Cali? I'll stop in a for a beer some time.

Hi Ash,

Great write up mate, good read to start the day for sure.

I've got some LMs for sale if you're interested :P

Although I love your old E30 M3, I think you've made a good choice with the E39 M5 given the circumstances of parking etc. I much prefer the look of the E39 M5 over the E34.

I miss the M3. It will be replaced one day I'm sure :) The e34 is amazing in its own right, it is such a hangover from the late 80's but gawddam it's proud of it and will continue to age gracefully.

PM'd regarding LMs

(PS: Lachssilber fo life :P)

Convinced me to consider the states for my next trip. Can I borrow your M5? Perfect road trip car. :P

Swing by Houston anytime and I'll throw you the keys :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the read guys, sure was an experience I will treasure. It was actually good for me to get it written out as you so quickly forget the details.

Ash

Edited by Ash

Very nice write up mate ... love those long never ending highways in the States!!

I have two words for you ... "Las Vegas" ... haha ... my favourite place in the whole of USA ... and no I am not a gambler.

Mind me asking what you are ddoing in Houston?? Have been to Dallas, but not Houston ...

nice to see that not all 'modded' M's.

dont think i'll attempt 300k's on NZ roads

nothing straight ,wide,smooth,enough

good score, m

Badass Write up

Badass Road trip

Badass Car

This thread is so much badass :)

Top job Ash.. P.S, I miss your M3 :unsure:

Whoever said E30 and Style 5's don't mix made an epic FAIL

Edited by KSMYRS

Talk about setting the bar for writeups! Thanks for the fun read and congratulations on the car, I actually don't think the CF is that bad though standard finish M-Parallels would be nice.

Best read of the year. You have some skill with language!

Not sure how you missed that tyre though! I wouldn't have driven past the first tyre shop with it that bald!

Sounds like you came through it ok, so two thumbs up!

Cheers for the awesome thread.

Excellent write-up. I was 10 minutes late for work and still didn't finish reading it until I got home!

Not sure how you missed that tyre though! I wouldn't have driven past the first tyre shop with it that bald!

When tyres are at speed, the tend to delaminate when run flat (even just slowing down from high speed). I'd guess the tread fell off.

The sidewalls are also one of the first things to go, from the inside out, which is why, when you have a puncture fixed, they'll often tell you it was "run-flat" as the interior sidewall is thin and worn. Even if you just slowed from 100kph. Alot of people think that the fitters are just trying to sell tyres, but it's really a huge safety issue (thin sidewalls bulge and split).

Edited by blakamin

Well done mate.

I used to live in California and I have most of my family in Colorado and New Mexico. I have driven extensively where you did (albeit in a Pontiac Grand Am) and I know the open road driving is so well suited to your new car - and the scenery is breathtaking. Let me know if you ever find an M3 like your old one. I'm INSANELY jealous.

Thanks again for the novel!! :rolleyes:

Nice one. did you sell your m3 to vito from BMAE?

Nice one. did you sell your m3 to vito from BMAE?

No, mine went to a buyer in Queensland. Rubin did an s50 and RHD conversion to it. The e34 M5 was orginally Vitos, then it came to me, and I sold it to Rubin. Incestuous M circle.

Edited by Ash

Seeing as how Houston is so boring I fly all over the the US to keep myself sane - you're in Cali? I'll stop in a for a beer some time.

Yup - am in Sacramento. Just send me a PM if you are ever heading this way, there is always a cold beer in the fridge.