Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Internet Slowdown

Just wondering if anybody else has had a major slow down. I am talking download speeds that use to reach 680kbps and since a few days back struggle to get over 100kbps.

Now I am on Go Large. Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Line Speed. Now I know the unlimited line speed all depends how many people are on your exchange. And I know it is fricken school holidays. But this is crazy.

Telecon has been trying to get me to change plans for a while now. To a plan that would better suite me. Yeah right. I download 65gb+ a month minimum. I know they want this plan gone. But would they stoop as low to cap the speed?

Have checked router, upgraded firmware. Tried all the other machines in the house etc.

65 GB a month and you have a Race Car!!!

You mustn't have any time left to hold down a job

Whats your secret?

How can you blame them for slowing you down when you downloading 65GB a month?

How can you blame them for slowing you down when you downloading 65GB a month?

Its an unlimited plan. Doesn't matter how much he downloads, it should all be at full speeds (dependent on how many people are on the exchange).

I was on Go Large and Telecom were calling me on a regular basis asking if I wanted to change plans!

I eventually went over to Xnet because I do believe they were putting a bottleneck on the D/L speeds.

I eventually went over to Xnet because I do believe they were putting a bottleneck on the D/L speeds.

hows that going for you now? :P

hows that going for you now? :P

pretty sh*t for me, speeds are hopeless.

Yep, sh*t. And during peak times the connection drops out or sometimes just won't connect at all.

i only chose xnet for their "uncapped" (pay per GB) ADSL2 plan bundled with a VOIP line for a bse fee of $69. Everything else about them is sh*t but i don't know of any alternative, can anyone offer some suggestions.

i only chose xnet for their "uncapped" (pay per GB) ADSL2 plan bundled with a VOIP line for a bse fee of $69. Everything else about them is sh*t but i don't know of any alternative, can anyone offer some suggestions.

yeah, we're on that place also and on the torrent plan

speeds are horrible but decent download limits

if you want decent speeds I think Orcon is apparently good atm

telecom is good but 40gb is max plan unless you look at one of the business plans

definitely not going to be as cheap though

just changed to orcon and have to say it is the sh*t. very very fast. reliable. and pretty cheap if you go over your limit.

I've been on xnet since the free national plans were around which were the sh*t

kind of hoping that everyone will leave xnet so the speeds will get good again

they're too cheap to get enough international bandwidth, national is usually pretty good though

Telstra ftw

Oh wait, Auckland doesn't have it. HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAA HAR

We were on telstra for many years tastic? Only on golarge now cos weve moved.

I am having the exact same issues as you are driftit, its crazy same plan, same problem, I am not going to change im still relatively happy with the way its going even with some issues. If you go onto the telecom websites they do explain that they have restrictions on go large ie during peak times if I remember correctly from 4pm to 12am its limited. Im not getting much over 100kbps either, and sometimes its struggling to get past bloody 30 to 40kbps.

Its an unlimited plan. Doesn't matter how much he downloads, it should all be at full speeds (dependent on how many people are on the exchange).

All of these "unlimted" plans are subject to fair use. I don't think 60+ GB is reasonable to be honest. 2GB a day everyday? That's a lot of movie/music/web browsing.

I used to be on Go Large using 11-12GB AT BEST, now I am back on normal 10GB plan on ADSL2+, I do feel being much faster. But probably have something to do with my new modem compare to my crusty 4 years old one.

I'm on Telecom/Xtra.. Whatever you call it.

It's alright now i'm on 10GB a month, Don't run out of bandwidth.

Still loses connection every now and then which is annoying.

We're with telecom, 10g plan, last couple of months we've been at 90 to 100 gig. There are 6 computers operating in the house, goes real slow when cap comes on in the evenings at times, thinking of going to orcon with phone as well, should enable us to get 100 gig for what we pay now, at full speed, and have free toll calls as well.

igrin up here, orcon in aux. Igrin is slow, but about the same as everyone else in my area, so is the lines, not the ISP.

Orcon is quick, and usually fairly good customer service.

We are with vodafone on the $120 land line package..

Never drops off and download speeds are fairly quick.. Can get a movie Hi-def off i-tunes in about 20 mins

Is starting to speed up a little. I have a feeling the shifty pricks are limiting certain sites. I have only been getting around 10gb a week the last few weeks. As all my drives are full at the moment. Will see how it goes.

You guys crack me up.

The pipe is only so big and can only carry so many people yet the people complaining the loudest are always those downloading the most !

The more people downloading the slower it will go, its obvious. There is no 'limiting' going on but there are 'fair play' rules in effect.

I personally fail to see how anyone can download the sort of volumes your all talking about without 90% of it being illegal and so they are the people you should complain about rather than the ISP's.

Downloading 1TB in a month... That's about 385kilobytes per second, 24 hours a day, all day, for 30 days.

I'd like to call BS.