Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Photoshop

I see on here and on other forums the amazing work some people do with Photoshop. I wouldn't mind having a go myself and tweaking a few photos.

I can remember using an early version when I did 6th form journalism (about 7 years ago), but aside from that I have little experience.

My questions are:

• Is it quite difficult to use, or something that can be mastered in a few hours of playing?;
  • How much will it cost?;
  • Is buying an older version cheaply an OK choice; and
  • Is there similar software that will do the job that can be downloaded for free?
Cheers

Older versions are fine. I am still using 7 and I've had a play with my sisters latest version, and apart from advanced features, user interface changes and extra tools/filters, etc its no better.

I'm plenty happy with it, and you can probably pick a copy up very cheap (or free :ph34r: )

Basic features are easy, more advanced stuff takes time, patience and practice.

Its like most software - once you really start using it you realise how many hundreds of functions there are.

The only free thing close is The Gimp and I find that really hard to use, even with the Photoshop emulation you can skin it with these days.

I suppose if you learnt on Gimp it might be different, but I hate the interface.

Photoshop takes a bit of work to get the hang of, but it's not toooo hard. I find the easiest way to learn is to type what you want to do into Google followed by "photoshop tutorial". 99% of the time there will be a step by step run through of how to do it.

got a copy of CS3 thats only 100mb you can have :ph34r: , fits on a flash drive so you access Photoshop at work/school/home.......well thats what i do.

you going on the Anzac cruise? i can give you a hard copy there.

got a copy of CS3 thats only 100mb you can have :ph34r: , fits on a flash drive so you access Photoshop at work/school/home.......well thats what i do.

you going on the Anzac cruise? i can give you a hard copy there.

Yea, same mate. My copys only 70MB from memory. Works mint.

As it has been previously said its not a programme you can pick up straight away but with plenty of practice it gets easier.

Them main reason i keep upgrading to the new software is the features in the new versions allow me to work faster. therefore being more cost effective.

If all you want to do is edit car pics and mess with the odd photo then an older version will work fine for you.