Sign in to follow this  
bmwsparkle

Dunlop Targa Rally (56k beware)

e39 *edit or is it a e38, im not sure, cant tell from the pic, know there was one of each in the tour* - targa tour

post-2-1098931087.jpg

Edited by bmwsparkle

the 6 is gerry hodges....president of BMWCC...awesome car and driver! (and nav!)

All in all it was a wicked two days, thanks to cam (CaM_ae86) and cam (caboonatlarge), lookin to do targa tour in the E28 next year

Top work.

Its okay, that green M3 is from australia.

yea i know, was gonna add that, but what the hell were they thinking when they came up with that?

No boot pics of the E30 with the rear coil overs then!!

Some people, where are your priorities, obviously the boot of a E30 is far more appealing than a shitty alfa!!!

Good Pic though!!

No boot pics of the E30 with the rear coil overs then!!

Some people, where are your priorities, obviously the boot of a E30 is far more appealing than a shitty alfa!!!

Good Pic though!!

describe the pic that u want. i have heaps more pics on the computer

double dave

triple dave

:finger:

I went to the square and had i look around. Awesome cars.

saw cam and cam and lewis aswell and had a talk to gerry and peter

ian was stuffing his gob at the time, but i would imagine that he would be wearing his old man golfer hat.

Edited by bumpstop325

Guest Andrew

what a hideous paintjob.... and doing it to a e30 m3..... damn... cool wheels tho, 17" BBS RS

Sam Gus, that is the car that was at the petrol station with me.

Mike in the 2002 Turbo must have had a problem, he slipped from about 6th to 141st yesterday. Damn, he was trying hard out to win over all this year.

I had the chance to buy the blue E30 M3 about three years ago (before it was turned into a Targa cr). I watched it rebuilt from a wreck to the car it is there at SD European. It could have been mine for $38k and I had choice of colour, interior etc (but $38k then was more thanI could afford).

My mates Charlie (Andrew Waugh) and Justin are doing ok as well (but are near the back of the field). Theyare in a greenDatsun 120Y (they missed the first day due to overheating). Watch later in the year on TV3 for a documentary on them and the car preparation, raising sponsorship etc.

Cheers

Anyone see TV3 news tonight. On it Gerry almost loses it in the 635 on one corner, but gathered it all back in again.

cheers

Cool pics. I'm gonna check out the cars when they arrive in Welly.. put on a little tutu get my pompoms and do a bit of cheerleading for Ian and the other BMWCC guys... I wanna see that 2002 turbo kick ass.

Anyone looking at doing the Targa in the near future (when funds are readily avaliable :)

After getting the NZCC mag, theres some awesome, and unusual cars in there. New Bently GT, E38 7 :mosh: , even a Ford Ka :gay: One of the great things about Targa imo.

Bugger about that black 6 that got totaled yesterday.

Hopefully Wellingtons sh*t weather (again) will make some great viewing from around the bays :mosh:

sh*t weather alright, took 153 photos yesterday of nearly all the competitors as the went past. I got that ford Ka, the two Jags, the suzuki, Lotus 7's and elise, all the porsches, the puegot that crashed, and all the bimmers!!!!

I filmed Ian rather that take a picture, here's the others...

post-2-1099182096.jpg