Sign in to follow this  
louis297

BMW 320i E30 1984 petrol wise

Looking at getting 1st car gonna be a 6 cylinder 2 litre BMW 320i E30 1984 :rolleyes:

Peoples input on fuel ?

Realitively typical of any older 2.L car. Not brilliant with short around town running but obviously better with open road hot running.

Looking at getting 1st car gonna be a 6 cylinder 2 litre BMW 320i E30 1984 :rolleyes:

Peoples input on fuel ?

Yeah mine is pretty bad around town from stopping and starting all the time.. what you thinking of geting auto or manual? mines auto that could be a factor B)..

I've read somewhere that m20b20's have the same or close to the same consumption as m20b25's <_<

Its a good city car

mine isn't too bad.. i drive it daily.. it definatly worth getting one!

there is a bit of a diference between the auto and manual.. mine was an auto and now that it is manual it is a bit beter.

buy one! worth it!

im getting better fuel millage out of my fl 325i over the pf/l 320i :)

I would recommend the 325i, as a direct comparison (same car and manual gearbox) the 2.5 uses the same amount of fuel, we get average consumption of 9.5Ltr per 100km travelled, this is mainly around town and hard driving on back roads. Im sure the similar consumption figures are due to the fact I don’t have to give it as bigger rev to get it to move.

Maybe drive a few 318i’s if you are concerned about consumption, they have dam near the same performance as the 320i (albeit not as smooth) but sip less gas.

I was getting under 10l/100kms in my pfl 325 manual. And on the open road it drops to 7-8ish.

My 540 however is more around the 15L/100kms. Due to my heavy foot and impatient driving.