Sign in to follow this  
jjs

NZ new E34 M5 $12,990

Looks very familiar.

A great car for the price, the pics suggest it is very tidy. Doubt it will last for long!

1990 M5

Looks very familiar.

A great car for the price, the pics suggest it is very tidy. Doubt it will last for long!

1990 M5

Man this is bizarre, this car was owned by Jock Styles over 4 or 5 years ago, then it heads to Taupo for a few years, was then sold at Rotorua Autohaus about a year ago, then it comes up for sale in Warkworth only a few month ago. Now at Trading Post Auckland. This and the omni-present ex Singapore Black E34 M5 seem to be going through a few owners very rapidly.

One thing I have to say, irrespective of the fact most of these have clocked up inter-galactic mileages, there are quite a few like this car in fantastic condition. Testament to good build quality and owners who seem to have cherished them.

Don't think Graham sold it... From Carjam the plate change was when it was listed by Trading Post. So maybe he traded it in? Maybe he'll chime in.

Anyone know if the black Chch M5 has been sold?

checking it out tomorrow morning :D

:o It’s a deal, it’s a steal, its sale of the f**king century...

Full report on my desk by tomorrow afternoon Jones.

Watch Ronan in the morning for inspiration.

That dealer has lots of tasty cars, they always have something in my TM watch dream list

Guest Ari Gold

Well to be fair, its totally research based. Simon's 540is loved greasy roundabouts, so I have to make sure an M5 does too!

Best interior, worst colour. Can't win them all!

Edited by Ari Gold

Well to be fair, its totally research based. Simon's 540is loved greasy roundabouts, so I have to make sure an M5 does too!

Anyone know if it's Ice White or Alpine?

Let us know how it goes Sam.

I'd be keen to hear too. I preferred Simon's 540 on my brief drive than the m5 I drove a coupe of weeks later. Ever since then I wondered if the m5 I drove had something wrong.

Hey Ari,

I agree, some cars in white look naff. However, one of my best friends has an E34 M5 nearly identical to this in Auckland (number 69 /524) and his looks fantastic in white (quite possibly because he is fanatical about grooming it too).

IMO one of the best colour combinations in this car is the Macao Blau / Cream leather example owned by Bruce Miller. Not that many in NZ seem to have the full leather option- most have the ///M sport cloth inserts.

Guest Ari Gold

I prefer all m cloth types to leather to be honest, the lairy setups in the E34 M5 winklehock and 20 jahre versions being personal favourites.

If leather isn't looked after, it gets shocking, especially in a car of e34 / e30 vintage.

Don't get me wrong about white, in some cars I love it, just not a huge fan on the e34. I've seen this car in the flesh before (remember Tom?) so I know its hot. Besides You don't buy cars for their colour, you buy them for theor oily bits!

Guest Ari Gold

Unwashed and unloved in the corner of the lot behind two other cars.

Absolutely no interest in telling me about the car whatsoever, I think I know more about this car than they might.

Looks bloody hot, not a mint exterior, but looks cherished and loved. Interior looks sexy. Black and M cloth is so much win.

Writng a stern email informing them to dig it out so I can attempt sub 30second domain hill climb after class this afternoon.

Guest Simon*

p.s. always wanted a demo in the one-eyed, one-horned, flying-purple-people-eater Si! ;)

You'll get it

Summer hols though maybe scarfie

Well what can i say !! Yes it is my m5 and he is selling for a very good price and anybody having a look at her will be very surprised at how good she is. I did trade her in for a car that he had hiding in the corner that he did not want to sell because he was using it !! saw something else he had for sale so went to have a look but spotted this in the corner ( will put pictures on asap ).

As for the m5 someone really needs to buy it quick if they want it because it will not hang around long at that price,and if anyone needs to know anything just ask.

Someone is going to get a bargain. Well done on the new purchase, must be hard to find a replacement for such a car.

He had a nice Dark Blue 545i M-Sport a few weeks back.. was a very nice drive.

Someone is going to get a bargain. Well done on the new purchase, must be hard to find a replacement for such a car.

He had a nice Dark Blue 545i M-Sport a few weeks back.. was a very nice drive.

Interesting isn't it- until Clarks closed down 6-7 years ago, they were the yard in Auckland that you went to scope out the likes of special M3, M5, M6's, Alpinas and 8 series (not to mention other Euros).

However, nobody is really doing the same type of thing these days...except for Trading Post and they are just down the road....

I'd be keen to hear too. I preferred Simon's 540 on my brief drive than the m5 I drove a coupe of weeks later. Ever since then I wondered if the m5 I drove had something wrong.

Come down and drive mine sometime, when it's fine. Will give you an idea of what to expect.

Someone buy that car - it has had a lot of work done to get it back into decent shape!!!!

Went to have a look at this on Sunday, but was closed when I got there (about 2pm). Managed to have a nosey through the gates though.

On the whole, it looked like a nice car. Some parts of it were showing its age but overall I think it looks like a good buy.

Did anyone here have a good look or drive it in the weekend?

Come down and drive mine sometime, when it's fine. Will give you an idea of what to expect.

Will do.

In a way it was a good thing, as had it gone how I expected I probably would have bought it and not S/C'd the e30.