Sign in to follow this  
mark247

Got me another bmw.

After strictly only owning E30s and motorcycles I thought it was time to get another car.. a E30.. and copy my mate and drop a m50 in it. After searching on trademe for a tidy e30 I found there was sweet FA on trademe in my price range which I actually thought was worth the money. So I gave up and bought a e36. It's a NZ new 94 325i manual coupe with leather interior. Only problem with it is the door cards, which are falling apart, like every e36 i've ever seen. It goes pretty well, it's vanos which is kinda annoying, would of rather had the non-vanos M50, but it goes fine. Not as fast as my mates e30 with the m50 in it but it handles a fair bit better. All in all I thought it I got a pretty good deal with it.

The pics are rubbish for now because I only just got it home tonight, but you get the idea. I will get better photos up tomorrow maybe.

If anyone has any ideas on what to do to make it look better, let me know! For now I'm thinking the front valence needs looking at, its the "prefacelift" e36 front valence, whatever you call it, and it looks pretty ugly if you ask me. What other options are there? Do the "facelift" e36 ones just bolt on?

Pic update, still rather dark ones though..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

post-1711-1241342345_thumb.jpg

post-1711-1241342360_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark247

I'd get better wheels maybe ? Something with dishhh

Yea I'm thinking cooler wheels as well when I get the moola. Nothing too bling bling though, I facepalm whenever I see these bloody e36 cruising around town with 22inch chromed out abominations ( harsh word but suitable ) on them.... yaaarrrk. Bit of dish is always cool though =D

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-216200009.htm Even thought something like that might be an idea..

yes face lift bumper just bolts on . and yes they do look better . this is what i put on my one.

i do have bits for these too . if needed , have some motorsport bumpers , various wheels , seats , door cards etc

post-279-1241382201_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread but how much would a msport bumper, sideskirts and rear defuser be Brent?

Colour does not really matter.

Car looks good by the way Mark. Looking forward to seeing the progress. Change the the indicators, side repeators and rear lights to the clear/white. Makes a huge improvement!

Sorry to hijack the thread but how much would a msport bumper, sideskirts and rear defuser be Brent?

Colour does not really matter.

Car looks good by the way Mark. Looking forward to seeing the progress. Change the the indicators, side repeators and rear lights to the clear/white. Makes a huge improvement!

have front one in black a little damage , have some red side skirts .$450

no rear that is spare at the moment.

Uploaded some more pics.

Fixed the door card today, not perfect but better. Little more work and I'll have it looking chur.

Really need to get me another front bumper, every time i look at the prefacelift one I go "arrgh."

But for $5k I'm not complaining. The fact its manual and leather is keeping me happy =D

What clear tail lights are you referring to?

I just painted my e36 indicators black all round (and thinking about doing the same 2 the rims), i think you should do the same, and tint the windows!!

BLACKOUT...

Its the way to go :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

...did the indicators "legally" BTW

Yea not too keen on the white indicators and stuff. Tinting the windows would always be cool, and possibly blacking out the indicators or whatever. I want to keep a bit of colour there though because an unbroken black looks horrid imo.

I want to keep a bit of colour there though because an unbroken black looks horrid imo.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you there, but everyone to their own.

Yea not too keen on the white indicators and stuff. Tinting the windows would always be cool, and possibly blacking out the indicators or whatever. I want to keep a bit of colour there though because an unbroken black looks horrid imo.

Thanks. Will have a look. By the way, it's not actually black, it looks black at night time but during the day it's a really dark bluey purply colour. Not purple enough to stop me buying it though =P Not sure the name of the colour, will look on the strut tower when I next have the hood up.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you there, but everyone to their own.

Oh your car doesn't look horrid, looks bloody sweet! The wheels and lights are more than enough to break the black in my opinion.... I was just talking about cars you see which have black EVERYTHING.