Sign in to follow this  
dreab_boy

Creation vs Evolution

Poor children being brought up like that.

The preachings of Jesus have nothing to do with the rantings of churches , the bible was written approx 300years after the so-called resurrection [ "by people that had witnessed it"]

As an ex Car Dealer I can honestly say "Same Game Different Product" [ they seem to be better at finding suckers, who are not protected by the "Fair Trading Act" ]

In 1954 Einstein wrote " ... The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

I myself,have been labelled an "Athiest" many times, which is wrong because an athiest takes an opposing view to a belief. [ how can I hold an view to something that simply doesn't exist ]

I have one thing to say about the stupidity of faith [ faith is the real problem ]

"MY INVISIBLE FRIEND IS BETTER THAN YOUR INVISIBLE FRIEND" that's how stupid an childish religion [ and religous wars ] are

^^^ GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^ GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who.....Me or Einstein?? Haha!

After looking at the video , these "Rocket Scientists" think 'The Almighty' created the Universe at about the same time in history as the Palestineans started brewing beer.

Maybe "God" is an illusion created in a drunken stupor [ or perhaps "God" is a pisshead ]

Everybody needs to believe in something, and if people want to choose God, Budda, Rangi and Papa, that's their choice.

What really grinds my gears about religion is when its blinding to those that believe it. I think everyone should keep an open mind, and unfortunately, when people get deep into religion, it closes their minds to the all other possibilities.

After looking at the video , these "Rocket Scientists" think 'The Almighty' created the Universe at about the same time in history as the Palestineans started brewing beer.

Did not know we had time to brew beer (assuming you are referring to my ancestors)... pretty sure we would have been too busy working on our rock throwing skills in preparation for the 20th/21st century <_<

But seriously, discrediting every single one of the billions around the world who have chosen some form of religion as an explanation to their existence and ultimately their purpose in life is a bit much.

Even Einstein himself stated that the complexity of the universe gives indication of "intelligent design".

Personally, I'm a Muslim and to my knowledge (what little I do have), there is nothing in Islam that has been contradicted by science. In fact, there are many verses in the Qura'n which you could interpret as scientific.

Those who know about Islamic history will know that not too long ago, Muslims were in fact world leaders in science, technology, education systems, economics etc... You just have to look at Spain's history when it was under Islamic rule.

Now, I am in no way trying to push my beliefs nor am I trying to suggest that the Qura'n is a book of science. All I am saying is that not all religions are opposed to science, intelligent thinking and reasoning!

Anyhow, I don't really want to open up a debate here just wanted to throw in a bit of perspective as this thread seems very one sided.

Edited by crazyarab

re: my posting and comments previously

Quoted from Wikipedia: "Beer is one of the world's oldest beverages, possibly dating back to the early Neolithic or 9000 BC, and is recorded in the written history of Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia"

Which is approx 11000 years ago, or 5000 years before God created the universe [ according to the gospel quoted by these f**kwits ]

The problem with religion is Faith itself, people ignorantly go on believing without any sort of real evidence [ except for some fable passed down from generations ]

Because it is written, they believe it to be true , I've seen better moral teachings in a "Dr Seuss" book [ This must be real to, because it is also written in a book ]

Another problem is "Religous Tolerance", it was even quoted on this forum "Everybody needs to believe in something" or I sometimes hear other people say "people are allowed to believe in what they want"

Being tolerant to religion is just as guilty as these extremist idiots ,by giving them permission to practice their belief and ultimately push their bullsh*t upon us

All religion should be Banned Period

All religion should be Banned Period

And then what will people believe in? Where will people derive faith?

We should also ban crime while were at it Kerry. Lets just ban War as well. And Evil too. Last stats I read, evil was bad. Lets ban it.

Come on. srsly

the fact of the matter is Humanity NEEDS religion. It keeps a balance.

of the religions have learned a bit about I like Buddhism the most, and i was brought up an Anglican christian. I guess i just like how relaxed it seems.

I agree with many christian values, how to be a good citizen of society, how to treat people etc, but by having an open mind and a good education i have figured out my own set of values to live by anyway and these values are adaptable as people and the world around me changes.

I don't believe in any particular god but i understand why people need to and I accept that.

I don't particularly like the book the bible, it's fairly boring, but nonetheless contains some very good lessons for us.

I do believe in science as the truth, however to be totally 100% convinced i'd need to be the one doing the research wouldn't I.

So i just live my life watching people preach and pray and make war ... go people

Religious Conflicts start most Wars.

I've always said that if you read the Bible you'll see that its really a book of fables (stories with morals to learn from). I'm sure there are many other religions that have a similar theme in their religious tomes.

Many religions are based on the preceding religion. Example. The greeks saw blue as bad, the catholics see red as evil (hell fire and brimstone - usually red) and blue as good (the virgin mary is in what colour? Blue). The greeks underworld was cold, the catholics burning hot. For those who care their is a documentary called Zeitgeist which compares many of the religions against each other to identify similarities.

This is nearly exactly what I think. My mind is a sponge for information. I'm really interested in all forms of belief. I've read books on Islam including a very long one on the life of Mohammed and some portions of the Qur'an, I've read significant portions of the Bible, I've been to Christian assemblies, talked to Jehovah's Witnesses and been to one of their 3-day conferences (for personal research), I have friends whose parents are Buddhists and I've listen to some of their beliefs, and I devour scientific journals and current affairs.

I then pick and choose what to believe in and follow by holding the information I have taken-in and seeing if it fits with my view on morality and life.

I also agree with you PJay - extremist views are equally dangerous no matter which side of the fence they are on.

of the religions have learned a bit about I like Buddhism the most, and i was brought up an Anglican christian. I guess i just like how relaxed it seems.

I agree with many christian values, how to be a good citizen of society, how to treat people etc, but by having an open mind and a good education i have figured out my own set of values to live by anyway and these values are adaptable as people and the world around me changes.

I don't believe in any particular god but i understand why people need to and I accept that.

I don't particularly like the book the bible, it's fairly boring, but nonetheless contains some very good lessons for us.

I do believe in science as the truth, however to be totally 100% convinced i'd need to be the one doing the research wouldn't I.

So i just live my life watching people preach and pray and make war ... go people

I consider my self a Christian boy, not the best Christian on the planet by any means but i do my best.

But videos like this just make me sad, no Christian has the right to ever impose our religion on anyone or try to discount scientific fact simply by saying its in the Bible, that completely undermines any position we may try to take as a religion that is tolerant and educated.

As a Christian this is my view, I will never impose my religion on any one, if i am asked questions about my belief i will answer them honestly and to the best of my ability, if some one points out contradictions in the bible (Of which there are many) i would try to explain as i understand it.

Christians should lead by example and not by preaching religious nonsense that any one can see through.

For those who care their is a documentary called Zeitgeist which compares many of the religions against each other to identify similarities.

Read up more about Zeitgeist, universities from the US and UK have dismissed it claiming it it very inaccurate and in some cases completely wrong....but hey who can you trust on the internet :P

Edited by $toffz

Both Al Qaeda and the Ku Klux Klan are extremist groups that use religion as a tool for their real agenda [ hatred & power ]

Recruitment for them is easy, because all the "moderate groups" have already indoctrinated potential candidates with years of their mindless drivel.

All an extremist group needs to do is seek out disillutioned candidates and present them with "half truths"

Unfortunately our idealisms about freedom give these nutters the right to practice [ until they break the law ]

Our P/C society is too scared to offend them, yet they continually offend us with their preachings about fantasy's,myths and fairy tales of "Gods and Goblins, Devils and Demons Blah Blah"

As an individual, a person can better their life by simply dismissing religion as a total "crock of sh*t" passed down by ignorant ancestors.[ God simply doesn't exist ]

Religion is not needed by people, Humanity is needed by people

You've closed your mind Kerry, just like the religious extremists you're criticizing.

we could start a bimmersport religion and worship the 327 eater aye kerry?

you are a wise man!

You've closed your mind Kerry, just like the religious extremists you're criticizing.

Have you ever considered that your mind is closed?

I am not just criticising religous extremists, the moderates are just as guilty

I would welcome some sort of god into my thinking but unfortunately to this date there has been zero proof of any existence of a "higher being"

[ please dismiss the "hope and fantasy" factor or " coincidences as real evidence ]

If for some unlikely reason I was to narrow my thinking to one doctrine, which one of the thousands should I choose from?

Yours?????

we could start a bimmersport religion and worship the 327 eater aye kerry?

We could call it "No Limit(er)s".

Edited by westy

I don't have "one". I'm similar to others here, I pick and take what I feel is correct. I know the difference between right and wrong, that's black and white.. Lol, not Black and right (edit).

Creation is not black and white. And religion helps provide that area of grey

Edited by Pjay

We could call it "No Limit(er)s".

Yeah! good idea!

We can all try and seek a higher level of existence

[ my Corvette already goes to 7500 ]