Sign in to follow this  
OSiRiS

Scratch, do you think this will buff out?

Will it buff out?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:o arrrrrrrrr not the holden!!! :( that thing was soooooo cool :( I bet your brothers gutted as...such a fricken waste!!

Atleast your brother and his mate wernt hurt! will miss hearing the sound of it though sounded awesome!

Yea he's gutted as, one day you have a mint ride, pride and joy something you've worked hard for. The same night, after coming home from a hard day at work, 500m from your home, someone just pulls out in front of you. With less than 2 seconds to react you have a write off.

nice to see 68.4% of the votes say it can be buffed out, its seems weird she stopped in the middle of the road :wacko: but i guess she panicked..............good to see there were no serious injuries.

you getting a good insurance payout? or is it a huge loss?

It's like what possums or deers do when they see headlights, they stop in their tracks in the middle of the road. Just a shock reaction. From memory there was research done about how people react; if you would stop in the middle of the road in shock or take evasive action to avoid a collision.

I hope that the "spinning wheel" in the NZTA ads runs through her mind before she pulls out of the next intersection...

Good to hear that nobody was seriously hurt. Can you imagine a VK Commodore t-boning a MK5 Cortina or even an E30? 20 years back there would most likely have been a powerhose and body bag involved after the fact...

Just shows how good the safety systems are these days - most of us will never need the systems built into our cars.

Somehow I think if the E46 BMW in the accident was an E30 or a similar age Jappa the driver would have been alot worse off. Look closely at how much the driver's seat has been squashed...

I'm sorry, I guess everybody didn't relise my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

No need to get your knickers in a twist everyone, it was only a joke. :D:P

Oh and for reference Mum has a VZ SS.

Posted Image

My Mum has a VZ SS aswell. Your excuse is invalid <_<

What road was it at? that road that your roads of is so bad for people not checking twice before they turn out of roads though , atleast theyve put the lights in at that corner because that was a dodge as intersection!

And LOL at the Unique pic :lol:

Edited by Livi

I'm sorry, I guess everybody didn't relise my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

No need to get your knickers in a twist everyone, it was only a joke. :D:P

Oh and for reference Mum has a VZ SS.

For your comments to be regarded as humour, there needs to be some elements of irony or similar. Your comments were at best insensitive, and at worst quite offensive IMHO. I don't know the guys involved in this incident and I'm no fan of Holdens, but I was staggered by your post. This could potentially have been a fatality. FWIW sir, no amount of smileys can overcome an ill-considered post . . . .

Insurance?

Thats a real shame.

Haha at the unique picture :P

Insurance?

Holden fully insured and I suspect a write off on both cars. Note the position of the gearshift/gearbox in the Holden. Not sure about the insurance status of the BMW though.

It should automatically resize them to fit your screen. It does for me and everyone else.

It doesnt automatically resize them which is why I asked you to do it. Do you think I was making it up ?

Any more smart comments from people and this thread will be locked. The only reason its still open is the hope that people will realise just what does happen in an accident where speed is involved, regardless of who is at fault.

People need to chill out on here.he was just stating something Penry , it resizes automatically for everyone obviously maybe not for one or two people.

Anyway its good hes got insurance , has he got any plans for a new car ? I think you should get him to get a BMW woooo :P

On the subject of insurance, my 328 got hit the other week, someone backed out of an angle park into my rear quarter. I'm with PSIS and they let me choose where to take it and so Mike at the Surgery got a call. What seems like a fairly straight forward fix isnt...thank god for insurance and not being at fault.

Only takes a minute to resize photos too, should do this by default, regardless if you're running a 24" screen or not.

post-257-1241422845_thumb.jpg

Edited by pando

It resizes them for me too.

Did not resize for me like they normaly do. Pics are massive on my 24" screen. So good detail. lol

I need that BMW's rear left wheel. One of mine has a slight buckle.

I also require that Holdens Supercharger. Mmmmm.

People need to chill out on here.he was just stating something Penry , it resizes automatically for everyone obviously maybe not for one or two people.

I accept that I shouldve said that it is browser specific but I dont go around making things up !

That E46 took a fair hammering! Good to know my mum is driving a safe old car.

Im sure your brother is looking at it as a chance to upgrade to a V8 powered Holden now anyways, always look on the bright side eh.

Can he take the goodies off..Monaroo tail lights, sounds etc.

That E46 took a fair hammering! Good to know my mum is driving a safe old car.

Im sure your brother is looking at it as a chance to upgrade to a V8 powered Holden now anyways, always look on the bright side eh.

Can he take the goodies off..Monaroo tail lights, sounds etc.

Unfortunately he can't take any of the stuff off, for insurance reasons.

He has lost Alpine Type R components in each door, Alpine F1 status equalizer, Alpine indash screen, Alpine center speaker, Alpine drop down roof screen, Blinder laser jammers hardwired in, bigger supercharger, rebuilt engine etc. etc. and a few other things he has worked hard for.

It is the pure inconvenience and hassle which is not covered under insurance -one day he has everything in a car that he has aimed for, next day nothing.

Edited by OSiRiS

Unfortunately he can't take any of the stuff off, for insurance reasons.

He has lost Alpine Type R components in each door, Alpine F1 status equalizer, Alpine indash screen, Alpine center speaker, Alpine drop down roof screen and a few other things he has worked hard for.

I've done the calculations and it should work out that he could get the same car, less kms and still have enough left over the replace everything. However it is the pure inconvenience and hassle which is not covered under insurance.

He cant buy the wreck back, or thats just not finacially viable?

He cant buy the wreck back, or thats just not finacially viable?

I just rephrased my last post.

Not sure what is on the offer yet from the insurance company there. It may be possible.

Edited by OSiRiS

He should be able to buy the car back off the insurance company for fairly cheap though?

I bought my E30 back off State for 250 buckkers after a thankfully insured lady decided my car looked better to hit rather than to stop behind it.

*ahh been said already :D

Edited by Incary

Depends who you are insured through. Lumley just sends them off to Turners. And then you have to fight off the wreckers. And being supercharged will gather alot of interest from the public.

That sucks dude....

What is it with people not giving way?

I had someone hit me last month, though they hit the side of my car, writing it off.

this bought my E30 :)

Glad to see no one was hurt, at least we now know E46's and VT Commodores are rather safe :D

Ahh your brother is Alex? I was in the same year as him at Howick College.