Sign in to follow this  
M3 Cab

Holden Rant

So had a meeting with Karamu who believe they have done everything possible to rectify the cars and take no responsibility for their poor service or for their fraud (even inferred that was our doing). So between GMAC, Holden nz and Karamu there is no recourse for what it essentially very poor and dishonest business practice. My advise based on our experience is steer well clear of Karamu Holden and commodore reg DLW256

forgot to add that not all is lost it's just gunna take time and a sh*t fight to get it sorted. Will keep you posted

Being an asian Holden, I thought these would have been the most reliable!

I think the reliability comes from them actually being an Isuzu - which funnily enough, is no longer part of GM. I think the new Holden version is called the Colorado because Isuzu own the Rodeo name and have taken it with them in the divorce.

I actually don't think the VE is a bad car at all, but it sounds like this one is just the bad apple (and it does happen as others have said). The dealer and GMH have zero excuse for the customer service though in my book. Must have their minds pre-occupied by the thousands of other customers lining up to buy their product eh? :huh:

The interesting thing about this thread is that the real problems are caused by people and their attitude, not the car.

ie: you can have a totally unreliable new car, but be very pleased with it if the service people provide good courteous service and understand your problem

Providing the right personal approach to any problem always irons out the hardware issues (and software issues in modern cars)

It's a shame there are dealerships whose staff are less than professional - they really let themselves down and forget that the customers are what keep them alive and put food on the table, not the cars.

It's all about people and relationships...

might be worth noting Doug's car is a VZ, not a VE

good point above Jochen - Doug's a reasonable man and if the car had been much worse but the people at the dealer had sorted everything out, he would have been a decently satisfied customer and possibly even recommended them. imagine trying to get the out of Doug now.

might be worth noting Doug's car is a VZ, not a VE

good point above Jochen - Doug's a reasonable man and if the car had been much worse but the people at the dealer had sorted everything out, he would have been a decently satisfied customer and possibly even recommended them. imagine trying to get the out of Doug now.

That really surprises me, the VZ is a very good car as most of the problems were ironed out from the VY in the VZ! I thought the car was only 1 1/2 years old making it an '07 which would have been VE, the last of the VZ's were 06 unless it wasn't registered till '07 - or if it is a wagon? ...thats why i assumed it was VE? ...i could be wrong though, i know more about bmw's than holdens even though i work for them....

Guest Simon*

Jesus Christ I really can't believe that they sent you away unaware the engine was off it's mounts! How poor is that? That said I do know of people in the Bay who take their locally purchased Holdens out of town for service work - that's a pretty sad indictment of the quality of the work expected from Karamu right there I guess. I know of at least one local guy who went to Schofields in AK to buy a new V8 too.

Mostly I see just the Cops' Holdens parked down by their workshop. Wonder how many of theirs have loose engines too? :D Maybe I should just run next time they chase me and hope they've been recently serviced!

Even before I read this I knew I'd never buy another Commodore - I had endless trouble with the trans in my VT and it was just so cheap and plasticcy inside.

Good luck with getting it all sorted mate, their fraudulent behaviour with the documentation is beyond bad. Business practises like that needs to be exposed.

I can second or third what Doug is saying here, my step father has owned more than ten holdens in the past 12 years, ten of which were purchased from Karamu, the last two (VZ & VE) were bought else where due to the sole fact that dealing with Kerry Stone was just an absolute nightmare when trying to trade in his vehicles and getting sh*t prices in return but all the other holden outlets were well above the price of Kerrys.

You would think the fact that my Step father has suported Kerry with his cars in the past that he would sharpen his pencil a bit?

Right now on to the workshop, the VE has had two services now to which have been very sloppy with there work (i know this as im also a automotive technician), bits missed out, taken longer than stated which i guess is understandable though.

Since it was going to take longer with the service he asked if it could be delivered, i was on my way back to work after lunch cruising down a hundred km road when all of a sudden saw a VE coming at me on my side of the road, soon realised it was ours, the technician had passed three cars on this short stretch of road and managed to just pull back in when seeing me. Nothing was done about that fortunetly for this guy. The servicing is now out of town also.

The whole outlet is a disgrace really.

Time for Kerry to move on and retire me thinks.

Edit: Perhaps we shouldn't turn this into a hating on Kerry topic as it can be viewed by the genral public or just move this to the off topic section which will make it members only.

Edited by Greg.

I bloody surprising just how many people I have spoken to over the past week that have had the same issues with service and poor quality product. I have just booked the commodore in to have 4 issues sorted, 3 of which it's been in for in the past. They will not provide a loan car even though the yard is full and Kerry is aware it's coming in. That's just petty so have laid a complaint with Holden NZ clearly it's time they did something about this dealership

dude i feel for you, when i got this car of mine i got a lot of invoices for services done by the same dealer over the years, so suprise when i took the air cleaner out the date stamp was 28 03 00 the same as the car, never been changed since new, also the spark plugs where real dirty maybe the same ones again ? the oil filter was clogged, again ? $000 where spent yet nothing was changed, rip off merchants are every just cause you have a bmw its ok to do it.

Karamu Holden prides themselves on customer service and satisfaction.

Call in and meet Kerry and his team and discover why Karamu Holden make buying a new or used car a real pleasure

Ironic :D

So got the car back today having been without it for 3. It came back with most of the work done including the rattle on the drivers window that has been loose for over a year. It also came back clean which is the first time in 3 years. Is all forgiven? Not even close as I recieved a bill today for a fault they fixed 3 months ago that I clearly said I wouldn't pay for. As has always been the case they just don't listen. So the car goes back Monday for more faults. They should have taken the car back when I offered a fair deal. Customer service Kerry Stone and Karamu don't even get close.

So after 2 years 9 months and 18 days I bit the bullet and sent the sh*t box back. Can't believe how good it felt to walk away from it and the f..ktards at Holden. Got a nice letter from GM recommending I drive/lease a new Holden so sent one back recommending a place they could park DLW256 ha

Anyway car gone end of rant

Happy to hear its gooooone, Now you can get back to living a happyer life lol

Ha.........

Think, central island GM dealers are all the same...............had similar experience with Taupo Holden when it came to paper work, fraudulent personal guarantees, pumped purchase prices..............I could go on & on.......

Bottom line................two sales mangers lost their jobs..............one charged with fraud..............on numerous charges both to do with dealership & other matters...........so at least he was consistent.......lol

Sad reflection of on an industry that has worked hard over the years to improve its generalised image...........

But hey......when the Dealer Principle is not prepared to police his staff or is indeed the main problem...........all I can say is you get what you give & its clear Kerry is painting himself into a corner...............

But hey Doug, it's gone now, time to enjoy the vag wags..............

Edited by oldskool