Sign in to follow this  
Lucan

Tech2 kit

Hey all,

I've found a full tech2 kit for a 2door e30.

Are the rear and front skirts the same as a 4door?

And whats better, F/Glass or Plastic?

Cheers

Front and rear are the same.

A genuine kit will be a rubbery type plastic that has flex, it will be quite heavy. This is preferable as it is less prone to damage and is easily repaired plus it will look a lot better as it was made by BMW.

Check it comes with all the tow hook covers and associated clips.

Only difference Between 2door and 4door are the, Door Side Pods and Rear Quarter Side pods

the front guard Pods are the same, same with the Rear Bumper/Front Bumper and side skirts

Dont go fiberglass if you have a choice as the Original ABS plastic is VERY Very good, i bought a written off 325i and the only damage to the bumpers was the paint had cracked where it has flexed, and it was written off because it was in a nose to tail accident, the the metal work behind the bumpers were munted.

Guest FrantiC

If you use just the front and rear of the kit, You need some side skirts (maybe m-tech1 or something).. Trust me it look's wrong without (sig). And it looks even wrong-er with just the lower m-tech2 sideskirts and no pods.

Yeah, i'll see how it goes with getting this kit 1st.

I got told there are some alright knock offs made by Body FX in Perth?

Anyone dealt with them before?

Guest FrantiC

I heard most are crap, Fitment is awful and the Fiberglass has ripples or lines where the moulds join, require alot of prep etc.

Yeah, i'll see how it goes with getting this kit 1st.

I got told there are some alright knock offs made by Body FX in Perth?

Anyone dealt with them before?

I know the guy who makes these in Perth, bought a couple of things off him. They are supposed to be very good for fibreglass copies (haven't seen one myself). Hes got one for sale for $850 at the moment I can put you in touch with him if you want, but I think shipment would make it uneconomical.

I have imported some non related products in from both Aussie and the US and the stuff from Aussie was WAAAYYYYY more expensive to get over the ditch than all the way from the US. Go figure. Thanks for the offer anyway.