Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

BMW Clever Concept: Project i considering three-wheel electric-vehicle

Posted Image

According to a report by iMotor, BMW’s Project i program could spawn two, three and four-wheeled vehicles that will be fun to drive as well as eco-friendly. BMW and Bath University have developed a three-wheeler concept called the Clever Concept. The Clever Concept runs on compressed natural gas and can go up to 60 mph.

A spokesman at BMW said that BMW as a number of options under consideration for its Project i program and “one the of proposals is something like the Clever Concept.”

“This would deliver the thrills of a motorcycle but, being a three wheeler, you wouldn’t have to wear a helmet to drive one,” he told iMotor.

The spokesman said that BMW continues to test the viability of its Mini E to make sure that it is “truly viable” and something that the customer would consider buying. He said that it could take at least 5 years until BMW has a production Project i car on the road.

BMW Clever Concept:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Tilting 3-wheeler. Hardly a new concept. Many prototypes and a couple of production versions built by various companies over the years.

True, hardly ground breaking.

There is a crazy Dutch company (Vanderbrink?) that build them. They are imported into NZ and are very expensive.

Found it.

Its called the Carver.

CARVER

would be interesting to see what a head on crash into a truck could do :)

Edited by Jamez