Sign in to follow this  
Random Guy

Has anyone had a look at this?

I could be keen to take a look at this. Has anyone got any comments?

Sorry I tried to link the trade me site here but got it wrong. Spot the blog newbie.

post-4299-1242017727_thumb.jpg

Edited by Random Guy

Just copy the address from the trademe page and past it to here. Car looks pretty tidy and nice low kms.. whether they are genuine or not? Looks pretty well looked after from what info is available. Go hard if you like it ;)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-217902686.htm

Mine works for me.. so does yours blakamin... yours is the same lol!

Edited by Boost Junky

lol... deleted mine when i refreshed page and saw yours, Boost Junky!

lol... deleted mine when i refreshed page and saw yours, Boost Junky!

Haha all good! Must have posted around the same time

It's an import... so I'd highly doubt the K's are genuine. (The head's been reconditioned... that wouldn't need doing at under 150 clicks.)

Price is also on the high side for a 318, import, in what looks to be average condition.

It's an import... so I'd highly doubt the K's are genuine. (The head's been reconditioned... that wouldn't need doing at under 150 clicks.)

Price is also on the high side for a 318, import, in what looks to be average condition.

Depends if it's over heated or not, if it has then the head would need plaining etc, it is possible to have a low km car come from overseas, just get the speedo checked.

Guest Simon*

That car has been for sale for a VERY long time

On TM in the region of 6 months possibly more if memory serves

I could be keen to take a look at this. Has anyone got any comments?

Sorry I tried to link the trade me site here but got it wrong. Spot the blog newbie.

Yeah, mate used to own it (BMW touring) mint little car was automatic when he had it, so this guys obviously done the conversion.. has had a respray too i think..PM him, he probley can tell you a bit more about it..

Edited by Chase.t

Yea, my old car.. its not at all in average condition.. in fact its pretty mint, I had it resprayed to hide the faded red, the only thing is the seats are getting a bit tired. as for the recon head it had overheated due to a split radiator.

I would recommend it if a 318 is what you're after.

Why would you doubt that the k's aren't genuine?

Just because it's an import doesn't mean that it's had a haircut.

Before you make comments like this learn about how odometers are checked on imports.

As for the reconditioned head, read the questions and answers for an explanation.

Cosmos: My comments were based on personal experience. My E30 has a sketchy odometer, and my father's did also. Both were imported from Japan between 1994 and 2000, when odometer tampering was at it's height.

The red 318 in question was imported in 1995 and when I made the above comments there were no seller comments on the auction explaining the need for a reconditioned head. Which led me to believe that the head had been done due to the engine having done big k's.

While I don't know for certain that the odometer has been tampered with, I based my comments on what information was available to me at the time. I don't know that it has been wound, but like wise you don't know that it hasn't.

99% of comments made in the Trademe discussions forum are personal opinion or speculation, this is no different.

Hope you can see where I'm coming from.

No Mark, I don't know where you are coming from, and frankly people like you really piss me off.

I am a car dealer and have imported thousands of cars from Japan. Odometer tampering was the norm in the eartly 90's but since the mid ninetys NZ customs have come down hard on anyone flicking speedos. I don't know if you have ever been to Japan, but let me assure you that that country has the best public transport system in the world and on average, Japanese drivers do far less mileage than the New Zealand equilent. For example I currently have a year 2000 vehicle with a certified 32,000kms.

So stop making assumptions and posting these assumptions.

I'm sorry if I piss you off. But the fact of the matter here is that I don't know that the car in question has been wound back. And you don't know that it hasn't. One of us is right, but neither of us know for sure. So therefore we are both making assumptions and you're as guilty as me for posting assumptions without concrete evidence. Pot, kettle?

Anyway, back on topic. Now that I have more evidence at my disposal (previous owner's testimony etc) this car seems slightly more appealing, however I still don't think it is worth the asking price. This is purely my opinion... and personal opinions are a big reason why this sub forum was set up in the first place.

I'm sorry if I piss you off. But the fact of the matter here is that I don't know that the car in question has been wound back.

That's exactly right Mark, you don't know, which means you have no right to make libelous statements the way you have.

I have done a VIR on this car. It came to NZ on 14th Nov. 1995 with 55,849kms on the clock, a reasonable mileage for a ten year old Jap import that was privately owned in Japan.

my jappa e30 came into NZ in 97 with 75,000km if that helps

Random Guy... Did you buy this car?

Have always wanted an e30 coupe with those MAK wheels, I think they look really good for a fairly cheap do up.

Interesting that the owner painted the chrome bumpers.. Looks ok though, at first glance could be a facelift.

If it sold to you, you gave the previous owner good money for it.

I did up a dark blue 88 320i coupe with those wheels for a friend when I was in Dunedin a few years ago, was a great car but she moved onto ozzy and the car had to be sold.

pretty sure it use to be in hamilton, i was going to buy it for 3.5k

Ok Guys,

Think its time to take a few steps back & count to ten !!!!!!

Car is a local one owned by a young guy, seems to be his pride & joy, however did spend a long time at the local garage getting gearbox done & then not long after the head work.

Just ring the owner & have a chat, failing that pm me & I can let you know name of garage work was done at............

Never had anything more than a quick glance at it, but seemed very tidy in the paint & body department, cant say for interior, never looked hard enough.

Bottom line, if guys from out of area are keen, there are guys here who would probably take a look on your behalf...................

Just a car boys, not the worlds last mystery nor is it likely the owner was the dude on the grassy knoll.........& if you dont know that one......maybe you need to spend more time reading books & not looking up carjam............

Good luck with it, nice little motor & could be picked up for a very good price................

Cheers

Edited by oldskool

No I haven't bought it, was a bit too much for me at the time. I picked up a tidy 320i 2 door manual. It needs some love on the paint side of things but is generally very tidy. Suspension will be the first to be done as money permits.

Has anyone bought the H&R Spring and Strut kits that are on Trade Me for around $850.