Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Supersport Suspension

Hey guys I want to replace the suspension in my E39. I require shocks and springs as I have that adjustible factory stuff that does not like being lowered.

I came accross this brand Supersport on a few websites. And then found someone selling it on TM. Has anybody used it before?

They claim it is all German Made and of high quality.

I have the worst luck with shocks. Have had I would say close to 50 shocks let go on me over the years. I have changed my driving style quite a bit these days though. No longer a drifter.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-217646946.htm

I will still go and check the shock quality out before I buy with my mate from Autolign who is a shock engineer. But would like some Bimmersport feedback also.

Cheers

Dan

Edited by *Glenn*

The kit he's advertising is for a E30....did he give you a price for your E39 Dan ??

I'd also check with your mate... I've never seen that brand on a car here before

The kit for the E39 is just over $1000 I think.

Cheapest I can get replacement shocks for is at staff pricing. Around $1300 for some Bilstien replacement shocks. Then I need to buy springs. And the shocks are not pre shortened.

Going to take my mate out and see what they are like. And what sort of warranty they have. Will update with the details.

Hey guys I want to replace the suspension in my E39. I require shocks and springs as I have that adjustible factory stuff that does not like being lowered.

Do you have the self levelling in the rear ? Is it oil or air ?

Ive lowered my air suspension by 25mm and its brilliant. Lots of people around the world have done it with no problems on standard shocks. Took the dealers all of 15 minutes. I got the front shocks from Keith and couldnt be happier.

Not the biggest drop but I didnt want to drop it on its ar$e.

Dont think I have the self levelling.

One of my shocks is leaking so I want to replace them too. Would rather have some new ones than some unkowen condition second hand ones.

The ones I am looking at are the 40mm drop ones.

There are currently no H&R springs in NZ for the E39.

There hasnt been any for some time now. Let me know what you find Dan. I have a customer with a full set of new Bilsteins that he wants to fit with a 40mm drop.

Glenn, I have cold wound, progressive, European Jamex springs in stock, for E39, (6 cyl AND V8), 40mm drop, lifetime warranty. Only $299 retail INC GST and FREIGHT.

Dont think I have the self levelling.

One of my shocks is leaking so I want to replace them too. Would rather have some new ones than some unkowen condition second hand ones.

The ones I am looking at are the 40mm drop ones.

Is this any help http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=e3...mp;_osacat=6028

I paided $640us plus shipping for a combination set of bilstein front struts, rear shocks sport suspension and Vogtland 40mmm lowering spring for the 530 around Mid December.

That is around what I can Bilstein shocks and springs for in NZ excluding shipping. Similar combination.

But just out of curiosity how much was the shipping and did you get picked up for GST?